• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Utd (H) 1/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

Sponsored by Amazon Prime. DM me for discounts...
Reaction score
--------------------------Patricio-----------------------

---------Dendoncker----Coady-----Kilman----------

Doherty----------Moutinho-------Neves-------Jonny

---------------Traore-----Jimenez-----Jota-------------

2017/18: W 3-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2013/14: W 2-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2008/9: D 1-1 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2007/8: D 0-0 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2005/6: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2004/5: W 4-2 (H), D 3-3 (A)
2002/3: L 1-3 (H), D 3-3 (A), W 3-0 (N, P/O)
2001/2: W 1-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/1: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1999/0: W 1-0 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1998/9: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
1997/8: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1996/7: L 1-2 (H), W 3-2 (A)
1995/6: W 1-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
1994/5: D 2-2 (H), D 3-3 (A)

Team as above for me

Will be a tough test, they have a way of playing that is very effective, but can still see us picking up the 3 points. Wont be wearing colours again to keep the winning run going. 2-1

Mustn't lose game for me. They're in form, and have a lot of belief. They will also keep going for 95 minutes, like we do.
I'm hopeful of a win, but a draw wouldn't be a calamity.
Think they're over achieving so far. Think they'll end up comfortably mid table though.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Tough game. Wonder if Nuno will try to match them up shape wise. If we play our game we will cause them problems of course.

I went to all 15 of those home games listed above, plus 3 games at Bramall Lane and the play off final. Plus the home games in 1988/89 and 1989/90. Plus the away game in 1996/97 was televised.

So well over an entire day of my life just watching Wolves play Sheff Utd.

Good use of time.

This will be tough, realistically we cannot play anyone other than DW's team. I fear for us in this one.

Would go with the maximum we can this time, but whilst it's not really in Nuno's psyche to rotate we have to a bit as apart from being overseas yesterday (fortunately not to far) we have another 4 games in the next 14 days.

Sheff are without obvious stars, but are a team with a system (bit like we were last year) & will keep going till the end.

Ultimately play the best front line we can & that should give them sufficient problems to deal with.

A win for Nuno's last game.

Purely tongue in cheek

I think this may be a game too far, I think we'll lose.

People talking about the opposition as if there Barcelona, yes there having a great run..... So are we. My god dont even bother going or checking the result if some of you have sentenced us to defeat.

My opinion is based more on the second half of the game yesterday, where I thought we looked leggy on a boggy pitch than it is on Sheff Utd. I just think the game will come too early, but this team have pleasantly surprised me many times before

If we play a full side then think that our front 3 will have too much for them - just keep it tight at the back & let Raul, Jota & Traore work their magic.

Some can come off once we are 4 up.

Talking to Kenny about their game last Sunday as it was going on and it's really noticeable how much space they leave in the channels. That's absolutely ripe for us.

They're a good team, I don't fear anyone though.

Talking to Kenny about their game last Sunday as it was going on and it's really noticeable how much space they leave in the channels. That's absolutely ripe for us.

Exactly.

We destroyed them at Molineux the year we went up when Wilder had them playing the same way. Obviously the standard of their squad is higher now, but so is ours, and by a bigger margin. Traore and Jota should have loads of fun and Raul is on fire at the moment.

Exactly.

We destroyed them at Molineux the year we went up when Wilder had them playing the same way. Obviously the standard of their squad is higher now, but so is ours, and by a bigger margin. Traore and Jota should have loads of fun and Raul is on fire at the moment.

A team greater than the sum of its parts. Completely over performing this year and have had a better start to premier life than we did last year so thats some acheivement. Solid at the back and capable of nicking a goal or two.

Just hope Jota and Adama use the space better than Rashford and James did for 70 mins.

Just hope Jota and Adama use the space better than Rashford and James did for 70 mins.

Run abaaaaaaht a fackin' bit.

There you go, improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back