• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion

Season Ticket Options

• Total voters
The waiting list is clearly a reason why prices increase each season. No waiting listing and a 5% churn would almost certainly create a different conversation about prices in the boardroom.
Vinny gets a lot of stick but how could he answer to the board if he didn’t increase rates with 10,000 waiting?

The thing is Jase, myself and others were called out by Jinky last year when we were considering if we would renew or not after yet another price hike... Something along the lines of "you lot talk the talk but won't walk the walk"...

He then espoused how he would get a season ticket, if only he wasn't so low down on the waiting list... until they DID offer him one. He then failed to walk his own walk, so I doubt there was any real intention to buy, just the "glory" of being on the waiting list.

It's the hypocrisy more than anything else that annoys and I'm not really one that gets wound up too much, especially not to the level that I feel I have to write my thoughts down on here, but here we are...
I didn’t “call anyone out” at all.

I simply said that people will debate/flirt with the idea of not renewing, but in the end, most will renew. And that’s what happened.

It was just an observation and I certainly didn’t expect you (and others) to get so bent out of shape over it. No offence meant.

Certainly wishing I didn’t bother posting anything yesterday at this point.

I’m on the waiting list as it is currently the only way to have the option of a future season ticket and I don’t want to rule myself out from having one again.

I knew I would be unlikely to get one and I wouldn’t take one this season if offered (I haven’t been offered one yet) as I can’t afford it. However, I’ve been on the list for about 4 years and would have hated to have actually been in the position to have been able to buy one and then not been on the waiting list.

It’s a shit system but it’s currently a choice of go on a waiting list or give up on the chance of a season ticket altogether.

I’m on the waiting list as it is currently the only way to have the option of a future season ticket and I don’t want to rule myself out from having one again.

I knew I would be unlikely to get one and I wouldn’t take one this season if offered (I haven’t been offered one yet) as I can’t afford it. However, I’ve been on the list for about 4 years and would have hated to have actually been in the position to have been able to buy one and then not been on the waiting list.

It’s a shit system but it’s currently a choice of go on a waiting list or give up on the chance of a season ticket altogether.
We all have our reasons. Unfortunately it’s not good enough for some.

I look forward to Johnny tearing a strip off you later for literally taking money out of his pocket 😉

Actually, I just checked and I’m not on the list anymore. They must have removed me when I didn’t renew my membership.

Actually, I just checked and I’m not on the list anymore. They must have removed me when I didn’t renew my membership.
That's a shame, genuine fans who do want the opportunity to buy and could find a way to support their club should always have that opportunity.

Vanity listers for online clicks can get in the bin.

That's a shame, genuine fans who do want the opportunity to buy and could find a way to support their club should always have that opportunity.

Vanity listers for online clicks can get in the bin.
Surprised I had the time to reply to this as I’ve been too busy sifting through all the clicks and likes on my post from yesterday (exactly zero).

Time to step away from this thread (for me), I think. Never change, Johnny 😘

Coincides with shit* weather

*MY OPINION TBH IT'S A FORUM

Corresponds more with people who frequently moan about lack of atmosphere / support from matchgoing supporters then declining to be one themself. Easy to comment about how others spend their money and time, less easy to do so yourself.

Last edited:
I maybe wouldn’t go this aggressive about it but agree to an extent.

Think @WsWolf said he wasn’t going to bother as he can get match tickets anytime, pick and choose his games, not be locked in. So basically you don’t want/need a season ticket? So why are you on the list? A ST doesn’t seem to be yielding any advantage.

And I get people can’t go because they live miles away, it’s expensive, a big effort, family commitments etc. But surely none of those things are changing anytime soon/ever?

I would buy one, but im not comfortable paying the money to sit in the corners of the side stand with a poor view and terrible experience. I go to pretty much every home game anyway so having a season ticket would be a more cost effective option but I'm not willing to buy one which gives me an inferior experience than I get today.

I would buy one, but im not comfortable paying the money to sit in the corners of the side stand with a poor view and terrible experience. I go to pretty much every home game anyway so having a season ticket would be a more cost effective option but I'm not willing to buy one which gives me an inferior experience than I get today.
I think if you are sitting by yourself there should be the odd seat in the middle.

We sat in J1 for four years and the view was fine. Even though we were further back than 1/4 of the North Bank. Mileage may vary obviously but it really wasn’t that bad. Getting in and out was but that’s another story, J10 would solve that problem.

The queuing seems a bit better now getting in the Steve Bull - around 2018 or so it was getting genuinely a bit dangerous, especially with people having to climb low walls and onto verges to pass around those waiting if they were looking to get onto the North Bank side, only takes one old duffer to take a tumble and you've got a world of H&S problems in the post. Haven't seen those issues for quite a long time. Either people are turning up earlier or they've made some kind of adjustments with the turnstiles and entry points.

I think maybe the Smartcard entry has improved things. Still shit in the concourses with people treating stairwells like the local Spoons. We are in J6 and normally amongst the last to leave, we walk down the row to J10 and out that way

There should be lots of seats available at the back of the Steve Bull. A lot of season ticket holders in that area were sent emails at the end of last season telling them that now our 'safe standing' was officially recognised they need to crack down on persistent standing in other areas. Most of those STH will have migrated into the South Bank.

It's me and my Dad so 2 ideally. I'll obviously have a look on Monday when it opens up and if we can get 2 that are either together or near enough then I'll buy.

Fingers crossed for you. Me and my dad settled for M 80 and N 79 so hopefully you find something.

Back