• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion

Season Ticket Options

• Total voters
maybe see if anyone would share?
Yeah maybe.

I joined the waiting list when I was in a situation where I could probably have done it. Now I’m not. Can you remove yourself from it then? Maybe that wouldn’t upset some so much

Yeah maybe.

I joined the waiting list when I was in a situation where I could probably have done it. Now I’m not. Can you remove yourself from it then? Maybe that wouldn’t upset some so much
No issue with you, your circumstances have clearly changed.

Bragging that you've turned the chance down because it's too expensive to travel up and still being on the list is infuriating.

Particularly when said people moan like fuck about the club.

None of it annoys me. Just don’t understand it. But there’s plenty of things I dont understand which make sense when explained.

Well I’m not but I don’t think the over inflated WL is the main driver of that
That's simple supply and demand. If you have a minimal or no waiting list you can't put prices up.

That's simple supply and demand. If you have a minimal or no waiting list you can't put prices up.
It obviously has some impact but I think they’d have put prices up anyway. Plus if the whole WL are declining buying one then there isn’t a WL.

I’m assuming there is still some form of WL behind the non takers anyway so people declining isn’t actually affecting anything.

Yeah maybe.

Same as me. Joined the waiting list when tickets were pretty much impossible to obtain and it seemed like the only way of being able to watch us was to get a ST. That’s changed now (thanks Bruno Lage) and generally there are tickets for most games. I’ve had a couple of kids since then and that’s clearly the main reason for my personal situation change.

For what it’s worth, I’ve no idea if we’re able to remove ourselves from the list, as I would do. That said, I know first hand that there are others that are on the waiting list and have been offered a chance to have a ST for 3-4 years on the spin and have declined. This is the first time they’ve contacted me!

I did have a brief chat with Banjo about the potential of sharing one, but we both agreed it would be a bit rubbish doing that, as we tend to go to games together or with family members - and if we were sharing a ST, we wouldn’t be able to sit next to each other.

Reactions: jlo
It obviously has some impact but I think they’d have put prices up anyway. Plus if the whole WL are declining buying one then there isn’t a WL anyway.

I’m assuming there is still some form of WL behind the non takers anyway so people declining isn’t actually affecting anything.
It's justification for a price rise. That simple.

Same as me. Joined the waiting list when tickets were pretty much impossible to obtain and it seemed like the only way of being able to watch us was to get a ST. That’s changed now (thanks Bruno Lage) and generally there are tickets for most games. I’ve had a couple of kids since then and that’s clearly the main reason for my personal situation change.

For what it’s worth, I’ve no idea if we’re able to remove ourselves from the list, as I would do. That said, I know first hand that there are others that are on the waiting list and have been offered a chance to have a ST for 3-4 years on the spin and have declined. This is the first time they’ve contacted me!

I did have a brief chat with Banjo about the potential of sharing one, but we both agreed it would be a bit rubbish doing that, as we tend to go to games together or with family members - and if we were sharing a ST, we wouldn’t be able to sit next to each other.
This has always been bollocks, stop peddling this shit.

When was the last time you paid for a ticket to go to a game?

It's justification for a price rise. That simple.
They don’t even have to justify it. There’s plenty of folk doing that for them. The inflation brigade, the “you want to best players you’ve got to pay for it” and the “it’s only £2 a game” lot.

This has always been bollocks, stop peddling this shit.

When was the last time you paid for a ticket to go to a game?
Johnny. You’ve always been incapable of having a normal discussion with me for some reason - everyone can see it with their own eyes. So there’s little point in trying.

The way you post on here is, quite frankly, embarrassing.

They don’t even have to justify it. There’s plenty of folk doing that for them. The inflation brigade, the “you want to best players you’ve got to pay for it” and the “it’s only £2 a game” lot.
We're not going to agree on this, I'm using simple economics, you're doing something that makes no sense to me.

Johnny. You’ve always been incapable of having a normal discussion with me for some reason - everyone can see it with their own eyes. So there’s little point in trying.

The way you post on here is, quite frankly, embarrassing.
Way to deflect there Jinky.

Can I ask you politely to stop peddling lies about not being able to get tickets?

As for your critique of my posting style, to quote @Elephant Pyjamas , have yourself a gold star.

If I was offered one, I'd probably take it because honestly, if I didn't do it now, I have no idea when I'd get the chance again. I'm lucky enough to be in a position where I can afford it, but I would probably get it with the expectation that there would still be a number of games I wouldn't be able to attend due to other commitments. My Mrs works every other Saturday, for example, and on those days I'm left to look after our two young children. I know we don't play on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm every week, but that will definitely have an impact on how many games I can attend.

That said, I think I know enough people who could have the seat for most games where I can't make it myself; so for me, it would be worth it to know I have a guaranteed seat.

How does it work in terms of, lets say I get a ST and have an assigned seat by myself. What if I want to get a mate a ticket and want to sit next to them (or them to me)? Or if I want to start taking my daughter with me? Can I move the seat to somewhere where there are two seats together? Or is it just pot luck? Or am I just stuck by myself?
Has that much changed in a year?

Bit feisty over here. I think I'll need a season ticket for this thread soon.
The thing is Jase, myself and others were called out by Jinky last year when we were considering if we would renew or not after yet another price hike... Something along the lines of "you lot talk the talk but won't walk the walk"...

He then espoused how he would get a season ticket, if only he wasn't so low down on the waiting list... until they DID offer him one. He then failed to walk his own walk, so I doubt there was any real intention to buy, just the "glory" of being on the waiting list.

It's the hypocrisy more than anything else that annoys and I'm not really one that gets wound up too much, especially not to the level that I feel I have to write my thoughts down on here, but here we are...

Back