• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion

Season Ticket Options

• Total voters
I genuinely did wrestle with it in each of the last two years as in 2021 I was annoyed we'd sacked Nuno and appointed someone with no track record, and in 2022 even more so now I knew what was on offer.

Not so much today. I'll grumble about how it's price gouging but let's face it, I'm going to go.
Last season I genuinely meant it when I said I wasn't sure or at least I thought I did. It had gone above the £30 a match bar I'd set as the walk away point, but still ended up doing it. In reality another unjustifiable 6% isn't going to be the breaking point if that wasn't. My son has another 2 years at the U17 price, that will be the next milestone short of a change in personal circumstances

I guess my anger is more at the fact that I know I’m not going to be able to take either of my kids to many games as they get older. I’ll only go myself if I get a free ticket or there’s a discounted match.

Does this make us the only Premier League club to have put up prices every single year (barring the Covid year, obviously, as no-one went anywhere) since 2018?

Does this make us the only Premier League club to have put up prices every single year (barring the Covid year, obviously, as no-one went anywhere) since 2018?
We already were, we've just extended our streak

You'll all keep going though won't ya, they've got you by the balls and they know it.

What are the new match day prices by stand? I assume we'll still have categories as well.

If you like your conspiracy theories, they've only made STs in the golf stand available (£525) so it shows us in a healthier position on the "cheapest ticket" tables...but there are hardly any of them available (800 or so I think) and you wouldn't really want to sit there every week if you could help it...

Last edited:
There's a distinct lack of communication from within the club these days (apart from the endless DFS clubshop sales)

No press release or statement to accompany the details. Just an email saying "pay up"

It doesn't even say it's gone up or thank us for our support this year.

Once you’ve finally stopped it’s fairly easy to walk away from a season ticket. It’s stopping in the first place that is difficult.
Yep.

I had one from 1988-2013 (2013 was when my first daughter was born, and erm Saunders...) and there have been times when I've really missed it, particularly as it's effectively stopped me going to away games.

But on the whole not having the commitment of going to EVERY home game isn't a bad thing.

Not a dig at all (as I gave mine up in 2013 too due to Saunders...and then went to every single home game in 2013/14, paying match by match :D ) but it was much easier then, wasn't it. Because you were never in any jeopardy whatsoever of not being able to get a ticket if you decided you wanted to go. Particularly if you want 2, 3, 4 tickets together now for any game it can be difficult at times. You can see why people would be more reticent to stop now. Especially as when you lose your ticket, you're at the back of the queue if you ever want to come back.

The only times I've ever had a season ticket and begrudged "having" to go were under Hoddle, Saunders (in the end, I just stopped going) and Lage.

Well, if I do get offered a place off of the magical waiting list that’s killed any notion of me getting one.

The cheek!

I'm about done, I think.

Coupled with train fare and a frugal food and drink allowance I'm looking at about £1750 for 19 games, in reality it's likely higher.

I could afford it, I just can't justify it.

This has probably been done to death in the past, but realistically how long are they going to put off doing the Steve Bull. I'm sure I read somewhere it would cost around £13m, which is obviously a lot of money but it can't be ignored forever and it's half of what Guedes cost for example. Obviously you are in a situation where the up-heavel is a bit shit, while you are in this league you're running at reduced capacity but if we went down you probably wouldn't need the extra seats (still needs better facilities anyway) so there is no good/bad time in that sense.

Already 3 people on this thread and some others on Twitter talking about relocating from the stand to other areas of the ground. I bet they get more requests to move from there every passing season.

This has probably been done to death in the past, but realistically how long are they going to put off doing the Steve Bull. I'm sure I read somewhere it would cost around £13m, which is obviously a lot of money but it can't be ignored forever and it's half of what Guedes cost for example. Obviously you are in a situation where the up-heavel is a bit shit, while you are in this league you're running at reduced capacity but if we went down you probably wouldn't need the extra seats (still needs better facilities anyway) so there is no good/bad time in that sense.

Already 3 people on this thread and some others on Twitter talking about relocating from the stand to other areas of the ground. I bet they get more requests to move from there every passing season.

If only Mendes had a 10% stake in the stadium it'd rival Spurs.

I know that Morgan got stick for rebuilding the North Bank when we were in the Premier League but after relegation the project should have continued. If the aim was to get promoted again, you would lose less on matchday income as the crowds would fall anyway whilst the reconstruction continued.

The North bank cost more than that a decade ago, it's a bigger stand, far more complicated construction due to levels and construction inflation in the last calendar year alone has been getting on for 20%. It's a much, much bigger number.

The North bank cost more than that a decade ago, it's a bigger stand, far more complicated construction due to levels and construction inflation in the last calendar year alone has been getting on for 20%. It's a much, much bigger number.
I did get the figure wrong but this article from 2022 said it would cost £16m. Obviously far from an expert so just going off things I have read in the media. - https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...es-fosun-molineux-redevelopment-news-24122613

Way way way more than £13m. The North Bank was around £18m over a decade ago and that was nothing like as much of a pain to demolish as the Steve Bull will be, and it's a much smaller footprint.

Back