• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion

Season Ticket Options

• Total voters
Think that £16m was Just to tart it up a bit and micro increase in capacity. Your Point still stands that it needs minimum tarting up or ideally bulldozing and there being no good time to do it

Think that £16m was Just to tart it up a bit and micro increase in capacity. Your Point still stands that it needs minimum tarting up or ideally bulldozing and there being no good time to do it
Yeah, to me the money is immaterial, it doesn't come out of FFP calculations, Fosun themselves can pay for it and it increases the value of the club once it's done (as well as various income streams going forward).

The best workaround I think sounds a bit counter-intuitive but it probably sorts out the capacity issues - build a new South Bank behind the original à la Anfield so you're not losing anything while that's being done, then when it's complete the increased seats in there at least partly compensate for having the Steve Bull out of action.

It's a two year job to get the Steve Bull done properly. We could probably have a tier open for business after one year but not the full stand.

Of topic I know, but with all the talk on here of redevelopment, if the owners wanted to do it, it would have started by now. I genuinely believe they are looking for alternative sites.

Nah. I doubt that very much
Explains to me the reasons why they are making do with everything for last few years, no new temp corner as planned, no improvements anywhere, heck not even a lick of paint.

That quoted £16m reads like it's for a completely separate scope of works rather than complete demolition and new build.
It's for developing the front bit of it. I would imagine 30-40m for a complete stand.

They can’t sell the land that Molineux is on because of the thousand year sporting use covenant so there is zero financial benefit. It’s accounting lunacy to do it. Plus you neatly kill hospitality dead in the city centre which I am sure the council will consider when such a planning application was put before them.

I’m dubious to say the least.

Of topic I know, but with all the talk on here of redevelopment, if the owners wanted to do it, it would have started by now. I genuinely believe they are looking for alternative sites.
I'm not sure there is anywhere suitable. Goodyear and i54 (which would have ended up being outside the city boundaries) were the two main possibilities but they're long since gone.

We aren't going to move to the wilds of South Staffs or Shropshire.

I've sat in all 4 stands this season. As i'm not a drinker so can't really rate that part of the experience, but as a watching experience and getting in/out the North Bank seemed to be the best out of the 4 as a whole for me. BW upper had the best view (in the centre).
Agree that the ground needs at least tarting up!
As for the season ticket increase i personally don't think it's bad considering that everything to do with running a business has gone up 20%. Electric, gas, wages, materials, transport have risen significantly, all of which will be used at the club. But i get the "it's gone up 6 times in 6 years" deal, but a 6% increase in todays market isn't over the top.

I've sat in all 4 stands this season. As i'm not a drinker so can't really rate that part of the experience, but as a watching experience and getting in/out the North Bank seemed to be the best out of the 4 as a whole for me. BW upper had the best view (in the centre).
Agree that the ground needs at least tarting up!
As for the season ticket increase i personally don't think it's bad considering that everything to do with running a business has gone up 20%. Electric, gas, wages, materials, transport have risen significantly, all of which will be used at the club. But i get the "it's gone up 6 times in 6 years" deal, but a 6% increase in todays market isn't over the top.
This is a ridiculous argument given the increases that have happened over the last 5 years.

This is a ridiculous argument given the increases that have happened over the last 5 years.
Not really, because i'm not arguing the point, i'm just putting my take on the increase. You can go up town and shout about it from the top of the Mander Centre if you want. And yes, prices of stuff from the USA go up every year. Just this year they have gone up a massive chunk.

Not really, because i'm not arguing the point, i'm just putting my take on the increase. You can go up town and shout about it from the top of the Mander Centre if you want. And yes, prices of stuff from the USA go up every year. Just this year they have gone up a massive chunk.
You realise by typing something on a forum somebody might reply to it?

For some bizarre reason you think nobody has a right of reply.

You realise by typing something on a forum somebody might reply to it?

For some bizarre reason you think nobody has a right of reply.
What the fuck are you on about? I wasn't arguing about anything. As a business owner i was pointing out price rises across every business this year mean they (the club) have to put their prices up, and 6% isn't to bad. I said go and shout it from the Mander centre as you can do what you like in reference to complaining about the price hike.
Why don't you take up reading English as a hobby? Or put me on ignore.

Absolutely no way they move site, IMO. Wasn't the fact we are a traditional club with a ground in the heart of the city one of the biggest selling points when Fosun were looking for a club to purchase? Plus, as DW states, there are no other realistic options available.

We don't sell out every game, so I doubt making the ground bigger is on their immediate agenda list. They may feel they've got their hands tied with the Steve Bull stand, because realistically there's not a great deal they can do without major investment/change. i.e. a lick of paint isn't going to give people at the top of the stand more leg room.

I'm not sure there is anywhere suitable. Goodyear and i54 (which would have ended up being outside the city boundaries) were the two main possibilities but they're long since gone.

We aren't going to move to the wilds of South Staffs or Shropshire.
Not sure if we have a redevelopment thread, but like you say although there are plenty of pieces of land within Wolverhampton you could build a stadium, 99% of them aren’t practical. I’d personally love to see the locals of Tettenhall Upper Green loose their shit at a planning application for a 45,000 seater stadium.

Back