• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rugby League Thread

Is that an existing thing, waiting for an injured player to be fit before serving a ban, or is it something they've tried to bring in just for this case?

I think it is this case, purely because Mitchell is their best player, and they have absolutely fuck all to play for this weekend. Whereas round one next season they will obviously have everything to play for. If he fails a fitness test and they still name him as available for selection so his ban kicks in then that is a bit shite.

Is that an existing thing, waiting for an injured player to be fit before serving a ban, or is it something they've tried to bring in just for this case?
It's more to do with the NRL's perception that the Bunnies are trying to pull 'a fast one'.

Especially as the reason why Mitchell is only paying $20k of his fine is because the Bunnies have picked up the tab for the rest.

For him personally, but it seems to have been suspended due to the Bunnies paying some or all of it. I missed the full details so I can't say with certainty, but that is what it was being reported as here.

Mitchell will pay $20k in NRL-imposed fines and $20k up-front to the Rabbitohs, with an additional suspended $80k fine to be triggered if he reoffends. I read it as the $80k suspended fine was imposed by the Bunnies and not the NRL?

Last edited:
You could well be right. Reporting I watched on the fine element was a bit sketchy. Probably should have watched the footy show a couple of days later which would have been more informed maybe. News implication was definitely that the Bunnies were picking up a bit of the tab, but where I am isn't exactly the centre of Bunny fanbase.

Back