• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rugby League Thread

Fair play to the Wolves, down to 12 for most of the game plus a second half sin bin, looking like a decent Coach Sam Burgess.
Saints decimated by injuries but Wellens could find himself under a bit of pressure soon.

Newcastle v Wests Tigers is a sort of decent game, but I wanted to comment about the female referee, who has been absolutely top class.

Oh god that was a personal nightmare!

Seriously though, the ref was bloody superb in this game tonight. She couldn't have been more than 5'6" and is ordering all these massive league players around and not a single one of them would say a word back. She was ace.

Nice little Saturday night bonus tonight, Catalan Dragons v Wigan Warriors, Junior Nsemba is a beast, only fucking twenty.

Very interesting case going on here where the NRL have made a decision that I would like to see all sports adopt.

South Sydney Rabbitohs star player Latrell Mitchell rather stupidly got photographed snorting a fairly industrial amount of what is assumed to be Colombian marching powder. He has received a $100k fine (I think 80k suspended, which is less than ideal) and also has been handed a one match suspension.

Now, it is the last game of the regular season this weekend, and the Bunnies cannot make the playoffs and also can't drop below both of Paramatta and Wests Tigers (who play each other) and end up with the wooden spoon, so there is literally nothing riding on the game for them. So of course they want Mitchell suspended for this game. However, there is a slight snag as he is injured. Nothing serious, but he would be very doubtful to play.

So the NRL are making him take a pre-match fitness test. If he is passed as fit to play, then the suspension counts for this game. If he fails the test, he is suspended for round one of next season.

I rather like that.

Very interesting case going on here where the NRL have made a decision that I would like to see all sports adopt.

South Sydney Rabbitohs star player Latrell Mitchell rather stupidly got photographed snorting a fairly industrial amount of what is assumed to be Colombian marching powder. He has received a $100k fine (I think 80k suspended, which is less than ideal) and also has been handed a one match suspension.

Now, it is the last game of the regular season this weekend, and the Bunnies cannot make the playoffs and also can't drop below both of Paramatta and Wests Tigers (who play each other) and end up with the wooden spoon, so there is literally nothing riding on the game for them. So of course they want Mitchell suspended for this game. However, there is a slight snag as he is injured. Nothing serious, but he would be very doubtful to play.

So the NRL are making him take a pre-match fitness test. If he is passed as fit to play, then the suspension counts for this game. If he fails the test, he is suspended for round one of next season.

I rather like that.

Back