• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rugby League Thread

Broncos were 12-0 up on no time and Manly down to 12 for ten minutes but after full complement was restored it was all Manly but they couldn’t score. Forward pass try brought them level on about 65 minutes and Brincos won with a field goal with 2 minutes to go.

Excellent game and there were at least three periods of over five minutes without a stoppage. Breathless stuff.

It pissed down in Brisbane earlier in the week so by the ninth game in four days (the whole thing started with women’s state of origin about which we shall not speak) the pitch is going to resemble the Somme

Saints vs Catalans, Warrington vs Wigan and HKR vs Leigh are all worth a watch.

However;
A financial company from Dubai is due to take over North Wales Crusaders with the ambition of returning the club to the Super League.
Elkaleh LLC has reached an agreement with Crusaders' board of directors to become the majority shareholder.
Owner Jamie Elkaleh said it would be an "honour to return North Wales Crusaders to the forefront of the game” and looks forward to sharing his “long-term ambitions”.
The deal must first be approved by the Rugby Football League.
The North Wales Crusaders were formed from the ashes of the former Crusaders who had a brief three-year spell in the Super League before reforming under their new name in 2012.
Crusaders last played in the Championship in 2014 and since 2021 have played in Colwyn Bay having previously been based in Wrexham.
“The beauty of North Wales Crusaders lies in its rich history, compelling story and the passionate fans who form its heart,” added Elkaleh.
“My ambition is to elevate North Wales Crusaders and achieve that by strengthening our connection with North Wales as well as significant rebuilding efforts.”

Watched Saints v Catalans last night, recorded Warrington v Wigan.

Origin I rather ruined by a correct sending off after 7 minutes. NSW battles bravely but ran out of puff so the score flattered QLD in the end.

Was a bad shoulder charge to the head though. Ref had very little option.

Huge Warrington Fan(Thanks King John).

Only Bar in Fuengirola that shows the Super League.

Prefer club League, but International Union.

Just watching the Challenge Cup Final after recording it, the more I see Brad O’Neil the more he reminds me of a bulked up Connor Coady.

Back