• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

I think part of the reason is that Everton haven't threatened to challenge for anything in a long time. The only claim to fame they have over the past few decades is never having been relegated from the PL. So people think it's about time they had that experience.

Finished 5th as recently as 2014

We're certainly not safe by any stretch but we'd have to be really crap for a good portion of the rest of the season. We must start playing better against the rest of the dross and beating some of them. Lose the next 2 and alarm bells will be crashing.
I love "Alarm bells crashing!"
Not heard that before.

People have short memories when it comes to football.
Or, as is the case here, I wasn't even aware of it in the first place. I couldn't (off the top of my head) tell you who finished fifth last season either.

Luca Koleosho to miss the majority of the season, with Foster also out that's all Burnley's attacking threat.

I thought that. In fact he carried on playing for a few minutes after first going off for treatment didn't he? That one's straight out of the Bruno Lage playbook.
Bruno will tell you himself that its quite easy to run off an ACL

Luca Koleosho to miss the majority of the season, with Foster also out that's all Burnley's attacking threat.
I feel bad for saying we could do with him off the pitch now

My mate said he was injured from Bueno blasting the ball into his knee? Is that true?

Bizarre way to get injured if true

My mate said he was injured from Bueno blasting the ball into his knee? Is that true?

Bizarre way to get injured if true
Alan Smith broke his leg (compound fracture) when somebody kicked the ball and he went to block.

Fulham who looked terrible a few weeks ago are now absolutely flying. Great to see Raul back in and amongst the goals & they’re now up to 10th!

Bournemouth also look much improved. Level with us.

Everton would be comfortably ahead of us without their deduction if they can hold on to their lead v Chelsea today. Either way, they’re much improved.

For me, Burnley & Sheff Utd are absolute certs to go down. Would expect Luton will also go, but they look a real handful at home and fair play to Rob Edwards for having them in the mix.

From a Wolves perspective, we have a nice cushion but the sooner we can get Neto & RAN back the better (this isn’t me suggesting we’ll get sucked in to it - we should be fine).

Fulham who looked terrible a few weeks ago are now absolutely flying. Great to see Raul back in and amongst the goals & they’re now up to 10th!

Bournemouth also look much improved. Level with us.

Everton would be comfortably ahead of us without their deduction if they can hold on to their lead v Chelsea today. Either way, they’re much improved.

For me, Burnley & Sheff Utd are absolute certs to go down. Would expect Luton will also go, but they look a real handful at home and fair play to Rob Edwards for having them in the mix.

From a Wolves perspective, we have a nice cushion but the sooner we can get Neto & RAN back the better (this isn’t me suggesting we’ll get sucked in to it - we should be fine).
We need 5 points from 22 games.

We were rock bottom at Christmas last year (10 points from 15 games) but an immediate 10 point jump would have catapulted us all the way to 9th.

If you arbitrarily handed any of the bottom three 10 points now they'd still be below the cluster of clubs (Brentford/Chelsea/Wolves/Bournemouth) in mid-table on goal difference in Luton's case and outright with the other two.

Palace and Forest need to worry as both seem to have forgotten how to win but everyone else should be fine.

Sheff Utd 1/12
Luton 1/6
Burnley 4/9
Nottm Forest 11/4
Everton 6/1
Crystal Palace 7/1
Wolves/Bournemouth/Fulham 16/1
Brentford 33/1
80/1 bar

Your value is with Palace there, if anyone.

I know it's boring, but Luton are on for 21 points. A ppg from here which is massively outperforming their current record gets them to 31.

Back