• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

They probably only need to be better than Luton to survive, but the owner wants way more than 17th place. In some ways fair enough as the spend has been ridiculous for no obvious return.
The owner’s problem is whilst the amount has been ridiculous so too has the selection of players.

Interesting to see how they do today then. I am massively found of Forest these days and so hope they do well even more so now that Nuno is there.

It is slightly amusing he has gone from the smaller squad he prefers to what is by most accounts a comically inflated squad.

Good weekend for the bottom 3 who are showing signs of life.

Luton and Sheffield United are playing eachother Boxing Day too.

Maybe that bottom three isn’t going to be so easy to predict after all.

Plenty of fight in that Luton side and that goes a long way, sometimes - especially in those games with similarly placed sides.

There are no easy fixtures is a cliche because it is generally true. In the NFL they say Any Given Sunday, and while the teams near the bottom in the PL are down there for a reason over the course of a season, they are all equally capable of pulling out some surprising results and even going on mini runs of decent form.

By all accounts the 1-0 scoreline was flattering to Newcastle who very much look like they’ve bitten of more than can chew this season. Luton’s problems will be from the lack of ability to get enough points away from home.

Think Newcastle have only won 1 away game in the league all season?

Sheff Utd 1/20
Burnley 2/7
Luton 4/11
Nottm Forest 5/2
Crystal Palace 6/1
Everton 6/1
Fulham 16/1
Brentford 16/1
Wolves 25/1
Bournemouth 50/1
Chelsea 66/1

Not that I'd be backing us at 50/1, but Bournemouth being double the odds we are is strange.
Luton have favourable fixtures until Liverpool on 24th Feb. If they were to stay up it'll be now they get the points

Yeah, there are always weird outliers, depends where the money's going I suppose.

Brentford *should* be ok but they need to start getting results soon.

It's going to need a significant push from Luton, but Brentford look vulnerable to me now, their next few league games are interesting too:

Forest (h)
Spurs (a)
Man City (h)
Wolves (a)
Liverpool (h)
West Ham (a)
Chelsea (h)
Arsenal (a)

They're horrible fixtures

They've had injuries, but i think Frank has been found out.

Toney back now for their league games but will he hit the ground running?

They have Toney coming back which will make them a different proposition you'd have thought.

Toney coming back firing will help. Out for a long time but not restarting after a bad injury

I've read that arsenal want to buy Toney in January. I would have thought Brentford will want an absolute truck load of cash upfront

Back