• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

Fulham had way more possession than us, more shots, better xg and pretty much any other metric you can think of

What DW said re: Fulham

I don't agree with you on Fulham, we could've been 3 down after 20 minutes.

Sheffield United were better than us in the second half and I think deserved it, bad penalty or not.

We were shocking at Palace, not sure what you were watching there, we were never in control.

We were terrible that first 15 at Fulham, but after that, nah.

Palace we were doing all the probing first half. But unfortunately we were still persisting with Fabio and Sarabia was dreadful. 2 of your front 4 being 1 out of 10 is always a problem.

Sheff Utd were better that second half. But we were better than them first half. All of this debateable anyway, but my point is the majority of the these games both teams can be rubbish but get a bit of luck to win the game.

What DW said re: Fulham

We were terrible that first 15 at Fulham, but after that, nah.

Palace we were doing all the probing first half. But unfortunately we were still persisting with Fabio and Sarabia was dreadful. 2 of your front 4 being 1 out of 10 is always a problem.

Sheff Utd were better that second half. But we were better than them first half. All of this debateable anyway, but my point is the majority of the these games both teams can be rubbish but get a bit of luck to win the game.
That's fair, fine margins and all that.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the individual games.

I think in some games it's more a case of getting into a battle and our players can't drag themselves out of it and play.

Take for instance Sheffield United, they were bereft and we were victims of our own prolifgacy in the first half and that incentivised them in the 2nd half, where they came out in the and dragged the game away from us. They then got the shit call at the end for the win.

Other games like Luton or Everton they've been in our faces with limited ability from the off which we've struggled to recover from.

When we've played let's face it, better teams than us, we've been allowed to play a bit more and with the exception of Brighton equipped ourselves even if we've eventually come undone and picked up some unexpected points.

Lose to Burnley and they’re only 5 points off us, which is fairly alarming as they’ve been shocking.

Would be lovely to have a nice comfortable evening, but this is Wolves we’re talking about!

Heckingbottom due to get the boot today.

Here’s one to have a laugh at… our old pal Lop in the running to take over.

I can’t see him really being interested in that. They are in terrible trouble and have no budget whatsoever! Doesn’t really sound like a Lopetegui gig!

Lop is not in the running, maybe on a list for the bookies to take money from the stupid.

Wilder is their No1 target and will be in place before Heckingbottom has cleared his desk.

From an outsider perspective, I don't think Wolves are in any danger of relegation at all.

I find it hard to see anything other than Luton, Burnley and Blades going down at this point. Although I would like Luton to stay up to defy the odds.

In any other season over the last few years that points deduction would have been it for Everton, this season they seem to have more than enough about them to be ok. That club just will never be relegated - the turd that won't flush.

Not that I dislike Everton, but they've been pretty miserable for years now!

You don't have to be faster than the bear, just the guy next to you...

Silly to begrudge them staying up, they have to earn it each time.

But oh, the pure schädenfreude bliss of seeing so many Evertonians experience the Championship for the first time in their lives... I yearn for it.

They've only been genuinely close to relegation in about 5 out of 31 PL seasons, it's a myth that they've been forever circling the drain.

Just goes back to how great I think soccer is about actually being true to the result (things like reffing incompetence excepted).

A dub is a dub, and sometimes that's just staying up. I'll take finishing 17th every year over revisiting the 2nd tier.

Fully accept this may be an odd take (certainly my definition of "deserves" seems to be a minority one).

They've only been genuinely close to relegation in about 5 out of 31 PL seasons, it's a myth that they've been forever circling the drain.
They're not exactly Southampton/Coventry who both seemed to spend an eternity finishing in the bottom three "staying up" places

I reckon West Ham have diced with danger more often, and actually gone down twice, and they never get beaten with that stick...

Back