• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

Burnley thoroughly butchered a chance of a first home win

People keep saying the promoted teams are bad and they undoubtedly are. Yet we have taken 1 point out of a possible 6 so far against them. Crazy.
Fair point but I am sure you also know that we were done by well dodgy penalties in both games.

Burnley vs Sheff Utd on Saturday. Loser gets sacked?

Is Kompany on the brink? Would have thought they'd go down with him and go again.

He's got the Mowbray's about him though, stubborn fucker.

Heckingbottom has to go now surely. That's awful. And -28 GD after 14 games

Depends if they go into admin as well, which is a distinct possibility of the American shysters takeover is blocked

If Bournemouth hold on they will be level on points with us.
They felt like they were a league away from us after we beat them

We’re not out of it
We're not but we only get dragged in if we perform very badly for the rest of 2023. If we get 9 points from the 6 games (which is below what I would be aiming for) then we'll be nowhere near.

We're not but we only get dragged in if we perform very badly for the rest of 2023. If we get 9 points from the 6 games (which is below what I would be aiming for) then we'll be nowhere near.
We’ve not shown any ability to beat the lower teams though. Next 2 games are key I think.

Well we beat Bournemouth when they were down there, and Everton away, and a point at Luton isn't as horrendous now as it looked then.

Losses stick in the mind, I suppose.

Back