• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

Leicester have good full backs in Pereira and Justin, keeping them fit is the issue. Agree on the keeper and centre halves though, asking a lot of 35 year old Jonny Evans to come back at the level he was at before is unlikely to be successful
Aye, I just look at all 3 of their starting CBs (who knows how bad it gets the further down the depth chart you go) and think "nope, wouldn't have any of those in a decent league". I think they need to hit proverbial home runs on at least 2 CBs over the summer, and it's hard enough to get 1 decent CB at this high a level.

Speaking of CBs, Felipe is a bomb scare. Glad we dodged that bullet.

That’s his biggest problem. He has a lot of talent but there’s an element of believing one’s own hype/making daft mistakes. And not wanting to atone for

Classical example of a good footballer who's not very good at actually playing football.

"Best practice player in the league", we'd say here. Got the skills, probably got the work ethic, but when the lights come on it's a different player in the shirt. I think that's why he's such a hothead on the pitch; the pressure gets to him.

Both of these are extremely harsh and don't seem to match what he has actually done at Forest this year. They put a stat up that Gibbs-White to Johnson has created more chances than nearly any other combo of players other than some really elite examples (KdB to Haaland etc)

He has a huge number of really good qualities, he picks up the ball so frequently in the half spaces, he seems to turn and begin to start going direct as quick as anyone. His work rate is fine (which I mention as he seems to get called lazy). He is absolutely good enough for this level at least.

Edit - that's the stat there as aware others wouldn't have had access to that broadcast

Wow MGW really couldn’t be bothered eh. Compare that to Neto on Saturday busting his guts

Both of these are extremely harsh and don't seem to match what he has actually done at Forest this year. They put a stat up that Gibbs-White to Johnson has created more chances than nearly any other combo of players other than some really elite examples (KdB to Haaland etc)

He has a huge number of really good qualities, he picks up the ball so frequently in the half spaces, he seems to turn and begin to start going direct as quick as anyone. His work rate is fine (which I mention as he seems to get called lazy). He is absolutely good enough for this level at least.
Johnson can outrun everybody in the league, so I'm not terribly shocked that lumping the ball at him and letting him run has meant a lot of created chances. Clearly, however, they lack the quality to consistently finish those chances, else they'd not be in relegation trouble as they are.

Edit - that's the stat there as aware others wouldn't have had access to that broadcast

He absolutely has the quality for this level, I agree - he can pick a pass, can turn and run with it, but ultimately he is a bit of a lazy git - when he loses possession he rarely tracks back to get it and it sometimes (often) ends Forest in trouble. It has happened twice this game already.

It's easy to be a brilliant footballer and also completely shit. Ask Ricardo Quaresma.

Tbf to Morgan I love a pen right down the middle.

He's had 6 assists this season, 4 more than any Wolves player and 5 goals, only 1 less than our co leaders. If they stay up he'll be a big reason why. We can all share the same thoughts about him as a person, but in the case of some that seems to have clouded objectivity.

Podence and Costa are big reasons why we're staying up this season; I don't know anyone who wants to keep the former and most seem to want the latter gone, too.

I've never seen Morgan have a 90' for Forest where I thought "damn, maybe he is worth what they paid for him".

Podence and Costa are big reasons why we're staying up this season; I don't know anyone who wants to keep the former and most seem to want the latter gone, too.

I've never seen Morgan have a 90' for Forest where I thought "damn, maybe he is worth what they paid for him".
Ignoring what they might have to give us in sell ons, because all that was reported seems to be appearance based, they'd make money on him versus the original 25m if they sold him in the Summer

I'd be surprised if that panned out, but weirder shit has happened.

I just want to be clear that I don't think I'm being clouded by whatever I think of Morgan the Man (I couldn't have less of a clue what he's actually like when he's out grabbing groceries); I genuinely just don't see much about him that really stands out at this level. Possible some of that is down to Forest's, er, tactics. Such as they are.

They overpaid for him but that isn’t his fault, really. I think he’ll ultimately become a squad player for a European team - his ceiling is higher than Forest but remains to be seen if he reaches it. I still stand by the fact he makes daft mistakes and believes his own hype.

Back