• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Not the best, I must admit, but compared to the two ladies either side of her she looks like a proper politician. Strange night overall.

No big fan of Thornberry (she's a massive lush if nothing else, and I don't want that in a serious politician in 2019) but she has every right to go after the leadership (and I should put that in inverted commas really).

What is Labour's strategy? Really?

As Deutsch said earlier, they've been hammered by leavers in leave areas and remainers in remain areas which is a special type of incompetence.

Curtice making a very powerful point that the whole thing is polarised between "I want out and no deal" and "I want a second referendum to stop this shit".

Labour aren't appealing to either of those viewpoints.

Awful, awful night for the Conservatives though.

When Alastair Campbell votes Lib-Dem then I think we can say Labour may have missed their targets.

We went into an election where the most important issue was what was our view on leaving the EU and we were not clear about it. We were not clear on the one single thing that people wanted to hear.

We should have said quite simply that any deal that comes out of this government should be put to a confirmatory referendum, and that remain should be on the ballot paper, and that Labour would campaign to remain. I think that we will after these elections need to look very carefully at why it is that we got this result.

Fräulein Emily, fürchten dich nicht. Hier kommen die Kommandanten.

One nice piece of news:

#EuropeanElectionResults RESULT:

Manchester, NORTH WEST ENGLAND

Labour Party - 40,191
Lib Dems - 21,041
Greens - 19,966
Brexit Party - 15,069
Tories - 3,423
UKIP - 2,626
Change UK - 2,381
Tommy Robinson - 2,171
Other - 1,257

Fuck you, "Tommy" :icon_lol:

I could have got more votes than that.

Francois on the BBC. Have the conservatives put him up?

Embarrassment.

I'm pleased with that tommeh result,he's not as popular as he thinks he is,just like the judge said in his last court case,it'll be a lefty Muslim plot against him getting elected no doubt

I'm pleased with that tommeh result,he's not as popular as he thinks he is,just like the judge said in his last court case,it'll be a lefty Muslim plot against him getting elected no doubt

Good people of Manchester. Never let you down.

One ray of hope out of the results is that remain backing parties are picking up seats to a greater degree than leave backing parties. It is only one here and there but at least leave isn't increasing its seats.

Our friends in the north east have voted in a brexit candidate who lives in the south of France.

Brian Monteith insisted he was not a hypocrite in standing for a party that wants to end freedom of movement in Europe

Jez said:
With the Conservatives disintegrating and unable to govern, and parliament deadlocked, this issue will have to go back to the people, whether through a general election or a public vote.

Ah - thanks for finally waking up you fuckwit.

Posted at 0:390:39
'Rejection of main parties over Brexit'
Laura Kuenssberg

BBC political editor

"Both these sets of results, the south West and the East Midlands, show us the same thing: that the Labour party and Tory party are in big trouble when it comes to Brexit.

"Neither of them have managed to secure a single MEP in those two regions. Both of those two regions - and millions of voters therefore - will be represented by people other than the two main Westminster parties in the European parliament.

Except that labour party did get an mep in the east Midlands Laura.

I think that misses the point a touch on one person elected against none. Laura's point is extremely valid - the big two have been destroyed.

I think that misses the point a touch on one person elected against none. Laura's point is extremely valid - the big two have been destroyed.

I wonder how that feels for the Tory cum Labour voter who keeps backing losers? Lol.

15 Lib Dem, 4 Green, 2 SNP and 1 Plaid. So 22.

Also:

D7gvjD0W0AMDNDt.jpg

Just going back to this... Why have they not shown the UKIP seat losses?
Makes it look like the new Farage party has rocked up and smashed it up rather than they have just kept the same number of seats from 2014... Same shit, different day

Back