• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

This week why didn't labour.

A. Call for a vote of no confidence to embarrass the Tories into voting for the pm before removing her themselves.
B. Once the talks broke up why didn't they back a second referendum? Surely a reasonably soft brexit had been lost at that point?

Rightly so. If your membership finds it unpalatable to vote for you what else can you do other than criticise the leader.
Without mentioning him by name it was more deliberate than you usually see on these occasions though. Overtly calling out policy and Party lacking clarity. Rather than usual platitudes of learning lessons etc

Without mentioning him by name it was more deliberate than you usually see on these occasions though. Overtly calling out policy and Party lacking clarity. Rather than usual platitudes of learning lessons etc

Any word from your lovely anti-semite MP?

Ower Gav has been very quiet lately for obvious reasons. Probably auditioning for QVC.

Ower Gav has been very quiet lately for obvious reasons. Probably auditioning for QVC.

Just been a bit about him on our local news although i didn't quite hear what was being said.

He still tours the country doing Momentum meetings, talking about comrades and retweets anything supportive of the Venezuelan Government. Still suspended from the Labour Party pending investigation although he has managed to avoid any controversy since his suspension though.

He still tours the country doing Momentum meetings, talking about comrades and retweets anything supportive of the Venezuelan Government. Still suspended from the Labour Party pending investigation although he has managed to avoid any controversy since his suspension though.

Apparently he was on the local Sunday politics show today and he expects to be reinstated to the party in the near future.

Apparently he was on the local Sunday politics show today and he expects to be reinstated to the party in the near future.
If that is the case I hope he is deselected as he's unpopular locally and having toured the country advocating that for Labour MP's who aren't Corbyn supporters I'd enjoy the schadenfreude.

If that is the case I hope he is deselected as he's unpopular locally and having toured the country advocating that for Labour MP's who aren't Corbyn supporters I'd enjoy the schadenfreude.

Surely a staunch Labour (traditionally) constituency like yours deserves better?

A ballot paper in Leicester had wank written next to each candidate except the greens where it had not wank next to it. The vote for the greens was accepted,

Yaxley Lennon complaining that his ban from social media scuppered his chances of winning. Shame.

A ballot paper in Leicester had wank written next to each candidate except the greens where it had not wank next to it. The vote for the greens was accepted,

Yaxley Lennon complaining that his ban from social media scuppered his chances of winning. Shame.
A lot of pro Brexit votes ruined as people just put "brexit" or "we have already voted on this" but never put a cross by BP or UKIP

A lot of pro Brexit votes ruined as people just put "brexit" or "we have already voted on this" but never put a cross by BP or UKIP

Shame the BNP aren't really around any more. They could have scrawled some crap there.

We actually had ex-Southampton owner Rupert Lowe as one of our Brexit candidates (why I don't know, he doesn't live here) and so he will almost certainly get in. Now he was always a proper Brexit chairman. Got the full on look. Bet he secretly despised Marian Pahars.

Try looking at this picture of Rupert Lowe and not saying "Brexit". Go on.

sport-graphics-2008_693450a.jpg

Surely a staunch Labour (traditionally) constituency like yours deserves better?
You'd think it would be but Derby North historically isn't that solid Labour. Williamson lost his seat to the Tories in 2015 be it by 41 votes and got it back by about 2k in 2017. It was a Tory seat throughout the Thatcher and Major years. Once the latest boundary commission recommendations are implemented it will be strong Labour though as Mickleover is moving to South Derbyshire.

My MP used to Margaret Beckett, but we got moved from Derby South to Derby North in 2010...happier times.

Emily Thornberry is probably getting fired for this performance tonight.

Slagging Corbyn and Momentum

Back