• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

So why the furore about us having MEPs then?

Remain are in a bit of danger here. Everywhere I turn there are remain posters, remain slogans, remain social media, tweets et al. Most of it taking the piss out of Farage/ Leave/ Lies/ The government/ Labour. The problem with that is that I think its becoming a bit counterproductive. I have heard a couple of leave supporters who were similar to me , soft brexit, dont throw the baby out with the bath water starting to harden their stance as they feel bullied, ignored and marginalised after wining a national vote. If they are not careful remain will re-ignite the 17.4 million for the EU elections.

They're snowflakes.

Are Brexiteers still blaming people that voted remain?

I thought with all the stuff that has come out by now they would have changed that line. How can the lack of a deal be anything other than the PM's fault?

No sir, far from it. But my fear is that there is a time to win gracefully. Remain actually have a good opportunity to remain or at worse, soft brexit. Given the position and the ineptitude of the government that's a good place to be right now. My advice is don't fuck it up!

Top trolling Cyber.

Win gracefully, lol.

Not trolling, just fact. If remain campaign had done about 10% of the effort in 2016 that they have done so far in 2019 they would have won by a landslide. Shame it took such a kick up the arse really.

Shame its true that the people who voted for this shitestorm now want to blame everyone apart from themselves for being taken in by the most obvious unsubstantiated lies and pandering to their little Englander mentality?

Yep - I think that is definitely a fucking shame

Shame its true that the people who voted for this shitestorm now want to blame everyone apart from themselves for being taken in by the most obvious unsubstantiated lies and pandering to their little Englander mentality?

Yep - I think that is definitely a fucking shame

I will certainly take responsibility for my ignorance . will u?

I am not ignorant in this. Never was. Called them out as shysters from day one of the referendum campaign.

Quite what your post is trying to prove I have no idea.

I am not ignorant in this. Never was. Called them out as shysters from day one of the referendum campaign.

Quite what your post is trying to prove I have no idea.

Eh? You weren’t sure which way to vote two weeks prior to referendum.

No - when the referendum was DECLARED I was very much unsure, as Craig remembers. However, the campaign made it pretty damn clear to me that they were shysters. So day one is unfair. It was about day three.

Fair do's.

My memory is shit. I just remember you being torn about having to leave your normal vote in the G.E. More a who the fuck do I vote for if I can't vote for my party decision

That was because I had become spectacularly pissed with my old party of choice. I voted for Cameron in the election. But I was happy to defect when T-Bag was asking for votes.

Well at least we are getting a glimpse of how proportional representation would work in the UK. And, unless I am mistaken it doesnt appear to be working very well at all. There appears to be a ever wider disconnect between the electorate and their representatives with every possible permutation centred on the single market, customs union and the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

The party political system is increasingly splintered, manifestos don't seem to count for much and new parties continue to emerge as trust in 'democracy' remains an increasingly veritable issue. A while ago it seemed the future was centre ground politics, globalisation (in terms of corporate power) and a form of centralised control from Brussels. This appears to be the basis of much of the rejection and the rise of alternative parties. Interesting times ahead ...

No - when the referendum was DECLARED I was very much unsure, as Craig remembers. However, the campaign made it pretty damn clear to me that they were shysters. So day one is unfair. It was about day three.

My apologies then, I thought for about the last 2 years, how can someone be so angry about something when they weren’t sure which way to vote a few weeks before the vote.

Well at least we are getting a glimpse of how proportional representation would work in the UK. And, unless I am mistaken it doesnt appear to be working very well at all. There appears to be a ever wider disconnect between the electorate and their representatives with every possible permutation centred on the single market, customs union and the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

The party political system is increasingly splintered, manifestos don't seem to count for much and new parties continue to emerge as trust in 'democracy' remains an increasingly veritable issue. A while ago it seemed the future was centre ground politics, globalisation (in terms of corporate power) and a form of centralised control from Brussels. This appears to be the basis of much of the rejection and the rise of alternative parties. Interesting times ahead ...

There is the possibility that if we had PR and the parties knew that they would have to form a coalition and work together that they would be less of a bunch of twats all the time though?

Might just be me being naively optimistic though, wouldn’t work well with any of the current idiots.

Some people would sell their own mother if the price is right. The ethics of investment and profit sometimes leave a lot to be desired. Sadly, I see the EU project as anything but a cause for social justice. I see an entity that serves corporations and not people. Cometh the revolution eh ...

Back