• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

I like the comment that says "we need to organise some anarchy" Isn't the definition of anarchy something that isn't organised?

political anarchy would still require organisation, or its society couldn't function. but I don't think that's what the writer is referring to.

Urging the organisation of anarchy is effectively sedition. Hopefully the police can knock on his door!

D3s5hEFW4AAqBv5.jpg

Where do you start?

- Not the flag of the UK
- "Lansend"
- "John O'Goats"
- What will the EU learn from this?
- What do you mean anyway, I'll tell you for nothing that there are some massive gaps oop north where no-one lives for miles. It'll break your chain, man

In any second ref (which I still don't want, if we can help it) then you are going to be faced with a rump of people like this. And there is no reasoning with them. They "won" Brexit (even if they don't know what that is) and anyone threatening to take that from them is a traitor. Like an idiot, I got sucked into talking Brexit on Twitter a couple of weeks ago. With people who had the exact same reasoning, arguments and intellectual standing as Mark Francois. It didn't go well.

Once again, a big thanks to David Cameron for all this.

Oh and by the way the EU have told Cruella to fuck off with her deadline of June 30. Like they did last time. Almost as if she never listens.

A year with an open ending beforehand is the sensible thing to do. My only worry with that is we have a GE, get a stronger Tory Government led my Johnson, Raab, Gove etc

I think it'll be a hung Parliament again. But a better coalition would be sorted out. Not hard to do better than a broken Tory party propped up by the DUP who don't even support their flagship (possibly only) policy.

She is getting completely owned by the EU now. Who knew that continuous bluffing with the same awful hand wasn't good poker? Now Cooper has effectively removed no deal she has nothing else to play and they know it.

the fact that the conservative part continue to be so divided after all this time over 3 years since he announced the referendum shows how woeful camerons judgement was.

Reuters saying EU leaders have agreed an extension until 31st October with a review in June.

If true then T-Bag should stick to her word and resign now, it's going past June. I doubt she will.

She has no reason to stay other than her own personal vanity. No time pressure now on Parliament to pass her shitty deal (that clearly they don't want) and everyone can see No Deal just won't happen. She can't improve her deal without deleting red lines and we know that isn't on the agenda.

For the love of Christ please do not waste another six months of our lives just hanging on and offering nothing, or we'll just be here again in October.

She has no reason to stay other than her own personal vanity. No time pressure now on Parliament to pass her shitty deal (that clearly they don't want) and everyone can see No Deal just won't happen. She can't improve her deal without deleting red lines and we know that isn't on the agenda.

For the love of Christ please do not waste another six months of our lives just hanging on and offering nothing, or we'll just be here again in October.

This will essentially be what happens.

No way the Tories are calling an election so it may be that the ERG see another referendum as the lesser of two evils. Mays deal v Remain? Seems ridiculous given how heavily it's been rejected but these are ridiculous times.

No way the Tories are calling an election so it may be that the ERG see another referendum as the lesser of two evils. Mays deal v Remain? Seems ridiculous given how heavily it's been rejected but these are ridiculous times.

Agreed. Despite all her blustering she knows no deal would be a disaster and knows that the HoC think the same too. As the EU aren’t going to reconsider the exit agreement even if the Tories elect a new leader that won’t change. That leaves the options as her deal, a softer Brexit with Customs Union or remain. I think she’ll get her deal through if it is subject to a public vote.

Interestingly a lot of hard Brexit supporters are now claiming that Brexit always meant no deal yet there are endless clips of them claiming a deal would be straight forward during the Referendum campaign. They are doing the People’s Vote work for them as it becomes ever clearer that they basically told the electorate whatever they wanted to hear to get a leave vote.

REMAIN AND END THIS FARCE FFS!

The deal on offer is WORSE than remaining. Given we will have only two options then REMAIN it is. But boy is there going to be some fun in the european elections now. I can see some rabid brexit supporting people elected to the EU to utterley disrupt from within.

Agreed. Despite all her blustering she knows no deal would be a disaster and knows that the HoC think the same too. As the EU aren’t going to reconsider the exit agreement even if the Tories elect a new leader that won’t change. That leaves the options as her deal, a softer Brexit with Customs Union or remain. I think she’ll get her deal through if it is subject to a public vote.

Interestingly a lot of hard Brexit supporters are now claiming that Brexit always meant no deal yet there are endless clips of them claiming a deal would be straight forward during the Referendum campaign. They are doing the People’s Vote work for them as it becomes ever clearer that they basically told the electorate whatever they wanted to hear to get a leave vote.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I remember Boris saying 'nobody is talking about leaving the single market'. Farage may have said otherwise but the Leave campaign was essentially for what we now call a 'soft' Brexit.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I remember Boris saying 'nobody is talking about leaving the single market'. Farage may have said otherwise but the Leave campaign was essentially for what we now call a 'soft' Brexit.

Farage spent a lot of time saying we could replicate the deal Norway have with the EU

Back