• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Even if there is a second referendum, I think you have a very rude awakening coming.

Agreed. The overwhelming majority of leavers are now rabidly spouting "let's go WTO", while we're basically pinning hopes on 18-24s being arsed to stop taking selfies and go to vote, and a million or so leavers dying. It'd be impossible to call again, by no means the gimme that some think it would be. And the big danger of a 2nd referendum would be a mandated no deal. Its a big risk when we all know that a soft brexit would probably make its way through the house

Even if there is a second referendum, I think you have a very rude awakening coming.

Possibly. If the public are that fucking thick with all the evidence in front of them then they probably shouldn’t have the right to choose.

Possibly. If the public are that fucking thick with all the evidence in front of them then they probably shouldn’t have the right to choose.

Agreed and none of the reasons that they give is really rational. It’s all, we voted, we pay your wages, do as we say.

Agreed. The overwhelming majority of leavers are now rabidly spouting "let's go WTO", while we're basically pinning hopes on 18-24s being arsed to stop taking selfies and go to vote, and a million or so leavers dying. It'd be impossible to call again, by no means the gimme that some think it would be. And the big danger of a 2nd referendum would be a mandated no deal. Its a big risk when we all know that a soft brexit would probably make its way through the house
Yep. You can see a 2nd ref removing the no deal option though. How democratic that is is up for debate.

The very reason we (used to) have a representative democracy. People are idiots and need protecting from themselves - and I very much include myself in "people".

Yep. You can see a 2nd ref removing the no deal option though. How democratic that is is up for debate.

Let's be fair, that would be pretty shocking. For the good of the people, yes, but it'd be incredibly dismissive of millions of people. The only reason we're talking about it is because of the tories, but as they've opened that box they need of deal with it rather than just throwing it into the cupboard and turning the music up.

Even the mendacious Leave campaign didn't sell the shitshow on the basis of No Deal. Just no. No-one other than lunatics and disaster capitalists wants that.

Let's be fair, that would be pretty shocking. For the good of the people, yes, but it'd be incredibly dismissive of millions of people. The only reason we're talking about it is because of the tories, but as they've opened that box they need of deal with it rather than just throwing it into the cupboard and turning the music up.

Fuck the 'no-deal' wankers. The vast majority of people have no idea on the shit this would do to the country and do not deserve to have that as an option. Those that do know what it can do should be rounded up and sent to the Falklands.

Fuck the 'no-deal' wankers. The vast majority of people have no idea on the shit this would do to the country and do not deserve to have that as an option. Those that do know what it can do should be rounded up and sent to the Falklands.

What have the Falkland Islanders and serving military over there ever done to have that forced upon them?

What have the Falkland Islanders and serving military over there ever done to have that forced upon them?

Can we find one of the islands which is uninhabited? Or an abandoned oil rig around that area?

Here's a good link as to why 'No Deal' should not be on the ballot paper.

Me too. This is why I was advocating CM 2.0 (as it's been rechristened) months ago. Respects the result while doing the least damage.

You could equally argue that in a 2nd ref, plenty of those people who sat at home thinking Remain was a shoo-in, or felt they couldn't make an informed decision, would turn out this time. I'd imagine that they would be majority Remain voters as most people who felt strongly about leaving would have voted first time around.

You could equally argue that in a 2nd ref, plenty of those people who sat at home thinking Remain was a shoo-in, or felt they couldn't make an informed decision, would turn out this time. I'd imagine that they would be majority Remain voters as most people who felt strongly about leaving would have voted first time around.
Logic would suggest that those who didn't vote were probably happy with the status quo at that time.

The House of Commons has had enough. All business suspended today due to a leak in the roof.

MP's back on Monday.

Good stuff isn't it. Despite all current manoeuvres, the default is that we leave with No Deal in eight days. Best have the next three days off, then.

The No Deal thing is essentially out of our hands though isn't it. If the EU say no to the extension pn the 10th then its no deal unless she pulls the plug, which she won't

We're supposed to go back with some form of other plan (presumably out of talks between the two Glorious Leaders, combined age 131 so no doubt they have their finger on the pulse). You would think this needs to go before Parliament, just to explain what we're taking if nothing else.

They should be sitting at weekends at the moment where possible, let alone taking Fridays off because, well just because. They have ANOTHER recess coming up soon too...

Scotland’s first minister Nicola Sturgeon has told the Holyrood parliament that she conducted talks with Theresa May yesterday in the spirit of compromise but that “all I really got in return was why she disagreed with me”.

Hopeless.

Back