• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

My mate's dad just shared this on Facebook

My vote was not for a deal, no vote was not to stay in the customs union or single market. My vote was not done to help the economy and big business. My vote was not done so I give power to the speaker of the house or for MPs to ignore me. My vote was not so I give the main stream media a narrative to follow. My vote was not leaving power to the EU. My vote was to leave the EU and all its institutions. My vote was for sovereignty. My vote was to save the £billions we pay into it. My vote was so UK fisherman got UK waters back. I was told my vote counted. I voted for a better future outside of the EU. I will never vote for these corrupt politicians again. I did know what I was voting for, its you the politics class and media who cannot understand why me and 17.4 million UK citizens voted out. It should not be parliament who decides, it's us the people who have already said leave.

What chance do we have when people are so determined to avoid using an ounce of common sense?

Meh, he opts to not vote again. Good enough for me. These old bigots will die off eventually.

Meh, he opts to not vote again. Good enough for me. These old bigots will die off eventually.

Not that I can see a PV happening but no way would he refuse to vote again should there be a 2nd referendum.

Not that I can see a PV happening but no way would he refuse to vote again should there be a 2nd referendum.

If there were a second referendum I think increased voter participation among the young (who didn't vote last time) should resolve that, plus a good 1 to 2% of the Leavers have already sadly left us I think.

He can then vote for UKIP, BNP or Adolf if he wants.

If there were a second referendum I think increased voter participation among the young (who didn't vote last time) should resolve that, plus a good 1 to 2% of the Leavers have already sadly left us I think.

He can then vote for UKIP, BNP or Adolf if he wants.

I'd really hope you're right, but don't underestimate how many stupid people there are who still believe that kind of tripe.

Aye. Look at that 'Lisbon Treaty' nonsense. 100% lies. People believe it.

Angry (and stupid) people tend to be loudest though (just look at online reviews). We shouldn't assume the majority of people are ignorant bigots.

Mind if they are proven to be in future elections or referendums, I'm off.

Angry (and stupid) people tend to be loudest though (just look at online reviews). We shouldn't assume the majority of people are ignorant bigots.

Mind if they are proven to be in future elections or referendums, I'm off.

General Election, EU Referendum, US presidential elections, Brazilian election etc etc.

Any room? I'll come with you.

I think in any 2nd referendum there would be a groundswell from fairly moderate sensible people who think the original vote should be respected and would vote accordingly, even in the full knowledge that Brexit is a massively damaging and stupid project. And purely on an emotional level, people would vote "for" Britain "against" the EU, in the same way people might stick up for their own child against a school, even though they know he's obviously been a complete twat and is in the wrong.

D2-MTQBXgAQ6rU0.jpg:large

I presume May & Corbyn have an agreement not to throw questions/insults at each other regarding Brexit in PMQ's today

I presume May & Corbyn have an agreement not throw questions/insults at each other regarding Brexit in PMQ's today

Nope. Labour going onto austerity without saying anything. Corbyn, just shouting that the Tory party is failing without asking any bloody questions. May is just as abysmal trotting out stats and what this government has done to date.

All bollocks and soundbites from the pair of them. Not one has any substance, vapid fucking charlatans.

I presume May & Corbyn have an agreement not throw questions/insults at each other regarding Brexit in PMQ's today

There should have been some attempt at cross party cooperation from the start

"I think what everybody in the country wants & needs is for politicians in Westminster to focus not on themselves but what is best for the country" ~ Boris Johnson..

Nick Boles burning his bridges. If only there were more honest politicians in the Tory party.

90dd0f1aa998ff3df82ceb978a29ea1e.jpg

I am sure you will all be shocked to hear that reports are that Theresa May offered nothing new today in her talks with Corbyn.

And so we go round again, I assume. Eventually Labour will whip for a referendum minimum and stop this fucking wankfest.

And so we go round again, I assume. Eventually Labour will whip for a referendum minimum and stop this fucking wankfest.

Pretty certain Labour would prefer that May turns down the option of a referendum so they can have it as a manifesto commitment rather than part of a Brexit compromise that gets the withdrawal agreement through.

Back