• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

I was going to ask - is there the possibility of MPs simply voting for no deal v revocation?

I think we will have a VERY long extension. And at the end we revoke it. Stupid fucking idea. Utterly impossible to get through parliament. Bin it.

At least May is fucking toast now. Even the PM of the cockroach party doesn't survive this.

Boris, IDS and JRM all voted against in the end. Zero principles. Don't believe a word any of them ever say.

Sam Coates Times

@SamCoatesTimes
Government response

"It's going in the right direction" - gvt source

Looks like there could be a run-off next week between MV3 and whatever the Letwin process produces.

They would have voted in favour if it was very close. Now they have reneged and made sure they were on the "winning side". Political chameleons. And utterly beyond trust.

I think we will have a VERY long extension. And at the end we revoke it. Stupid fucking idea. Utterly impossible to get through parliament. Bin it.

At least May is fucking toast now. Even the PM of the cockroach party doesn't survive this.

Hmm, I wish I had your confidence. Wouldn't surprise me if she just counted down to the 12th before ensuring we leave with no deal. If it takes Tories with a conscience to stop that happening, we're fucked.

Sam Coates Times

@SamCoatesTimes
Government response

"It's going in the right direction" - gvt source

Looks like there could be a run-off next week between MV3 and whatever the Letwin process produces.

OH DO FUCKING FUCK OFF. THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS. ITS DEAD. IT HAS JOINED THE CHOIR INVISIBLE. IT IS PUSHING UP THE DAISIES. THIS IS AN EX-DEAL.

Yep same here too:
94bcf16718c4b08cb508cbb68f68cd9c.jpg

Just stop, you awful, awful specimen.

Hopefully Bercow tells her to get to fuck.

Just 5 Labour MPs voted for May's deal

Caroline Flint, John Mann, Jim Fitzpatrick, Sir Kevin Barron and Rosie Cooper.

Even if she was to put her deal into the indicative votes process, in the unlikely event that it was the winner, the deal to go back to Parliament would be the same and therefore Bercow would reject it. The Withdrawal Agreement with a permanent customs union, common market 2.0 or a confirmatory vote thrown into the future declaration and I'm sure it could get put to the house.

So that seems a REALLY fair run off. Whatever does best in indicative votes put up against this deal that has been smashed up three fucking times with one winner?

That is a joke.

You can't make this shit up. She won't ever change so I shouldn't really get pissed off by the likes of......

Government will continue talks with DUP - No 10
The prime minister's official spokesman says ministers will continue to talk to the DUP about further reassurances over the Northern Ireland backstop.

"What the prime minister wants is to secure a deal that allows us to leave as soon as possible. She is going to continue to press for that," the spokesman says.

"We will continue to talk to MPs across the House of Commons. You can expect us to seek to continue discussions with the DUP about what more we can do in providing reassurance that Northern Ireland wouldn't be left behind in any backstop."

You can't make this shit up. She won't ever change so I shouldn't really get pissed off by the likes of......

Government will continue talks with DUP - No 10
The prime minister's official spokesman says ministers will continue to talk to the DUP about further reassurances over the Northern Ireland backstop.

"What the prime minister wants is to secure a deal that allows us to leave as soon as possible. She is going to continue to press for that," the spokesman says.

"We will continue to talk to MPs across the House of Commons. You can expect us to seek to continue discussions with the DUP about what more we can do in providing reassurance that Northern Ireland wouldn't be left behind in any backstop."

In other news, senior Tory MPs have had discussions with May about the absurdity of trying for MV4 and someone videoed her reaction

fingers-in-ears-gif-4.jpg

She is really living up to the Difficult Woman motif.

Surely there must be someone within the Conservative Party with sufficient ooomph to tell her to exit stage left and give up on this nonsense.

Brexit is breaking this country. Not economically. Not politically. It is breaking this country’s social cohesion. Whether you believe in Brexit or not “it” is a bad thing and quite possibly the single most self defeating act of self harm a country has ever done in peace time.

Everything is someone else’s fault. Debate is framed in sound bites and conspiracy theories. Millions of people’s opinions are presented as one homogenous sentence and you are either right or wrong depending on what team you follow.

BBC saying may is seriously considering putting her plan forward to be voted on for a FOURTH time,I'm seriously of the thought she's going to just run the clock down,blame everyone else,and then just quit and leave us all to clear the huge mess up

Back