• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

So we never lose sight of what is at stake.

a45bchm78na21.gif

#MayOut

Remembered the dancing queen video, can never get enough of this, it's hysterical. Sorry for hijacking the thread. Me and my [only] Brexit interest colleague have been following the recent developments in complete shock.

That's the problem. He isn't interested in killing Brexit. He is interested in killing May.

Not sure that is entirely true. If the deal goes through the Tories will stay in power, it will merely be the Prime Minister who changes and possibly to someone from the right of the party and a hard line Brexiteer, definitely the case if there is a leadership election. For the Labour Party, it is better if the Prime Minister stays.

If May’s deal doesn’t go through then the government will fall and a General Election is much more likely. Labour will almost certainly retain Brexit in their manifesto but it will be an explicitly soft Brexit which is pretty much their position now.

I find it strange that people genuinely think the Labour Party should be putting a Conservative Government’s withdrawal agreement above their own aspirations to govern.

As an outside bet, Jeremy Corbyn won’t lead the Labour Party into the next election...

I am not sure that is actually an outside bet.

Neither leader has covered themselves with glory, and I think their parties will bin them both off.

I've said in the past that the first party to change leader will win the next election.

I am not sure that is actually an outside bet.

Neither leader has covered themselves with glory, and I think their parties will bin them both off.

I think Corbyn would have stood down by now except the parliamentary Labour Party will not willingly support another candidate from the left of the party so the bickering and in fighting would just continue just directed at someone else. If the PLP could accept and rally round an alternative leader and maintain broadly the same policy platform than I think Corbyn would go. That he is still there suggests there is still no obvious successor who would command that support. However, a general election and a real possibility of getting into government might just focus minds.

Female. Approximately 40 years old. Not hamstrung with 1970s/80s baggage.

Weirdly, I dreamt the other night that Emily Thornberry walked in me while I was having a poo, and I told her that she'd be PM in 6 years time, and she replied saying she'd remember this moment forever.

If the Tories are going to end up with one of their hard Brexit wingnuts, you'd think that any half-presentable Labour replacement would stand a good chance of success.

Weirdly, I dreamt the other night that Emily Thornberry walked in me while I was having a poo, and I told her that she'd be PM in 6 years time, and she replied saying she'd remember this moment forever.

The sanest thing to happen during Brexit

Geniune worry amongst some that a lot of Labour MP's will vote in favour today.

Also, the Independent Group have applied to become an Official Political Party and will be called Change UK.

Would Jess Phillips be a realistic option? Don't know alot about her but she's been all over my Twitter and seems thoroughly principled and decent.

Would Jess Phillips be a realistic option? Don't know alot about her but she's been all over my Twitter and seems thoroughly principled and decent.

I like Jess Phillips. Always seems to speak like a normal person, which probably means she's got far too much sense to go for the top job.

Geniune worry amongst some that a lot of Labour MP's will vote in favour today.

Also, the Independent Group have applied to become an Official Political Party and will be called Change UK.

It’s a three line whip.

Back