• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

My MP has released a statement saying she didn't like indicative voted so was abstaining from them. Has also said she will now vote for Theresa's deal despite voting against it twice

Who's your MP?

Laura Kuenssberg
‏Verified account @bbclaurak
5m5 minutes ago

1. Govt source confirms they are laying motion NOW to give MP s vote tomorrow on only the withdrawal agreement - if it passes, Number 10 believes we will leave on May 22nd - it's the last chance, they say, to avoid a longer extension and parliamentary elections

2. Number 10 confident this works legally as EU Council conclusions last week only specified that the withdrawal agreement had to pass for ratification - (different to previous bill) govt then would publish withdrawal agreement bill next week - doesn't mean they are sure of a win

3. Bercow says vote can go ahead

Speaker John Bercow says the government motion complies with his ruling that the PM's Brexit deal could not be brought back to the Commons for a third time without "substantial" changes.

He tells MPs: "In short, the motion is new, substantially different and in conformity with my ruling of 18 March."

So substantially different is simply a document with 2 parts has been broken down and only 1 part put up. I presume he thinks it will lose and make Therasa look a fool...again

Bercow is just making things up as he goes along now (has ignored advice from all of the Commons staff he employs re this)

It's not different so why not have it voted on yesterday rather than 8 amendments (none of which got passed)

It will go down again anyway as DUP are still just saying No - so we will be no further forward anyway

Hilary Benn just flummoxed the government with a question asking if by agreeing the withdrawal agreement the UK would not be able to take part in Euro elections so would have to leave on 22nd May. The attorney general couldn't answer the question but said he'd address that tomorrow.

The vote doesn't pass the UK withdrawal tests but does for the purposes of the EU withdrawal agreement. So would we be leaving without lawfully agreeing the withdrawal agreement?

I'm not sure if my question about makes sense?

Another one is that is the speaker saying that he's only looking at the procedural issue and that whether it's lawful or not is a case for somebody else?

It's going to lose anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

A break from the head scratching and confusion...

Over to Facebook we go

54799144_10156098363961299_8215208402050088960_n.jpg

55677524_10156098363986299_7928040742541328384_n.jpg

55719372_10156098438011299_640483858394906624_n.jpg

From Preston

DUP tell me they will vote against the Withdrawal Agreement tomorrow, So @theresa_may's ruse to secure her Brexit and 22 May Brexit day seems to have failed already

As labour are employing the strongest three line whip available even the likes of Hoey will have to vote it down or resign party membership.

Fuck Hoey. She's a disgrace. If Corbyn had anything about him he'd have booted her out long ago.

I'm interested in WHY on this go labour are suddenly whipping to that degree. Presumably Corbyn smells electoral blood in the water.

Presumably Corbyn smells electoral blood in the water.

Of course he does.

Shame the latest YouGov poll regarding who would be the better PM, he got 19% v May on 31%. Don't know won the day though with 47% (rest of the % basically refused to answer the question)

Corbyn couldn't smell shit if he'd been pootached.

That's the problem. He isn't interested in killing Brexit. He is interested in killing May.

As labour are employing the strongest three line whip available even the likes of Hoey will have to vote it down or resign party membership.

Here's hoping. I despise that twat.

Fuck Hoey. She's a disgrace. If Corbyn had anything about him he'd have booted her out long ago.

Agree with all what's been said but she's standing shoulder to shoulder with the dup on this and stands against the government.

Labour are the "Stop Brexit" Party.

The new line from the Tories that will now be said more than Strong and Stable was in the last GE

Cyber called it three years ago. All shysters

Standing at the next election. Cant do worse than these cunts

Back