• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Brexiters will be furious.

What's new? They're permanently furious. Look at Mark Francois. He's a little 4'8'' ball of rage, 24 hours a day (except weekends, when he plays Action Man with his friends).

It's exactly why it's pointless trying to appease them.

So no Revoke or No Deal options?

Should have read the options properly. Cherry's = Vote between No Deal and Revoke if nothing is sorted and an extension is refused by the EU on the 10th April

I think Clarke's will fail but the others will be passed. Whether May takes any notice is another matter entirely.

Whether May takes any notice is another matter entirely.

Anything with less than a 57 majority will be deemed not good enough and her deal is the only option. Anything above 57 will also be deemed not good enough and her deal is the only option

I think he's pretty much guaranteed that mv4 will win, next time it's voted on, as its now basically the hardest brexit available

I think he's pretty much guaranteed that mv4 will win, next time it's voted on, as its now basically the hardest brexit available

DUP have previously said they'd sooner stay in, I think. Plus the Change UK (or whatever it is) Torys will likely vote against.

Will she get it put forward though? She goes full MV and its the same as MV 1 & 2 and therefore Bercow tells her to do one with it

I don't agree with that. There's enough Tory MP's to vote for Norway+ or Boles amendment to make the numbers in the votes favour. It will be fun to watch the ERG fucks flail around and threaten to quit the party.

Staying in a Customs Union would be for me a step not worth taking as it will restrict our ability to negotiate deals seperate form the EU & whatever they agree we would have to comply with & no ability to do anything else above that.

Staying in the Single Market would be less of an issue for me - the freedom of movement would clearly be an issue for some, but that never was for me as the bulk of our immigration (& not sure that with our current employment rates any of it is anyway) is from non EU countries anyway

Don't think you can be in a single market without being in a customs union. Would defeat a lot of the purpose.

The upside of staying in THE customs union would be we benefit from any trade agreements the EU negotiate. Which will be a ton better than any our current idiotic brexit trade security could hope of negotiating.

Yeah, we'll never know what Liam Fox could have negotiated for us...

Single market = full FoM, which is just not going to happen while we have an anti-immigration PM.

Don't think you can be in a single market without being in a customs union. Would defeat a lot of the purpose.

The upside of staying in THE customs union would be we benefit from any trade agreements the EU negotiate. Which will be a ton better than any our current idiotic brexit trade security could hope of negotiating.

Are they that tied together?

Agree with the negotiating ability, but if we are outside looking in then have no control & just take crumbs off the table (I realise that those who are vehemently determined to remain in will be happy with that, though these 2 issues are not the totality of the EU argument/discussion)

Yeah, we'll never know what Liam Fox could have negotiated for us...

Single market = full FoM, which is just not going to happen while we have an anti-immigration PM.

The immigration issue had other solutions if our Government (of every hue) had bothered to deal with them (& put enough into the infrastructure to deal with it) - you only have to look at the net numbers arriving from the EU & elsewhere in the world to realise that this is not an EU issue.

Plus our employment rates would indicate that we actually needed them anyway.

You haven't got to convince me that immigration is a net benefit to our country, my friend.

Are they that tied together?

Agree with the negotiating ability, but if we are outside looking in then have no control & just take crumbs off the table (I realise that those who are vehemently determined to remain in will be happy with that, though these 2 issues are not the totality of the EU argument/discussion)
Yes I think so. You can have CU without single market but not vice versa. Single market means tariff free movement for all goods, if one country had that but were out of the CU then they could potentially import finished goods tariff free and sell elsewhere in the single market to undercut others who needed to import with tariffs. You'd end up with a very imbalanced and disfunctional market.

Of course that might be what you want if you are a head in the cloud brexiter with a fixation on disaster capitalism, but luckily other countries governments are more realistic and sensible than ours.

Back