• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

I guess because in their minds the only alternatives left are either a very long extension or no Brexit at all. Both of which would be the equivalent of pissing all over the heads of every single one of the 60 million good British citizens who definitely totally voted for a no-deal Brexit.

Or a No Deal, which despite the HoC voting against, is still the legal outcome (unless they change it) just that the date of it has changed fractionally. None of the scenarios is especially palatable.

There should have been a consesnsus before we triggered the start point - 'might' have avoided the last couple of years crap we have gone through.

I'm kinda hoping that the beetroot faced gammon no deal hardcore brexit people have been so apoplectic the past 12+ hours, that they keel over from a self induced heart attack, leaving the rest of us more rational people to explore a much more sensible possible solution.

Leadsom just stood up in the house and said the date has already effectively moved even without an SI. It’s deader than flares.

Government response on revoke Article 50 petition - Best to sum up with "Not happening bro"

Will be debated on the 1st April though. Ace date to putting things out there. Hard enough to tell now so even harder on the Fools day

That’s not actually possible unless they agree a deal (or revoke article 50)

On 29th March it is dead. Obviously if we fell over a later date it is in play. I think May or whomever succeeds her in "running" this shit show is going to have to go for a second LONG extension and we are going to have to run Euro elections.

JRM himself tweeted that he acknowledged that it was T-Bag deal or No Brexit at all. I think he fears revocation*

*as he should - they are a scary band

I suspect rees-mogg is more of a frontman than the driving force behind the erg personally. not sure his current view that no deal is out of the question is commonly held between the whole erg.

Aye - but the problem is of that large majority, there is a large percentage that think it is being handled badly because there is no hard no-deal Brexit on the table, and another large percentage think it is because revocation or second referendum is what should be done, with another percentage in the middle ground.

The only thing we can agree on is that she is fucking shite.

I suspect rees-mogg is more of a frontman than the driving force behind the erg personally. not sure his current view that no deal is out of the question is commonly held between the whole erg.

IDS and Davis are probably the real "Spectral Grand Masters"*

*or whatever these cunts refer to their leadership as at the moment. It all sounds rather too blankets for hoods and burning crosses for my liking, however they paint it.

Rees-Mogg is a disaster capitalist, like his father.

As a politician he is and always has been a cartoon character, a total irrelevance.

Yep - he is in this for the PERSONAL PROFIT.

His father was a far better politician, although that is still tallest dwarf time.

So the votes today are likely to achieve fuck all as it appears the Labour Party has no clue what they want to do or indeed know what their actual policy is on the leaving the EU

Robert Hutton
@RobDotHutton
LABOUR BREXIT LATEST: Jeremy Corbyn's spokesman explains that the party only supports a referendum on a "damaging Tory Brexit". If Labour takes power, he says, it will negotiate a better Brexit, which won't need a referendum.

I'm baffled this idiot is still leader of the opposition. Labour telling the world their unicorn is better than the Tories unicorn.

It's beyond parody now.

May now trying to derail the indicative vote process by opposing the business motion, apparently.

Theresa May has lost again. Her attempt to defeat the business motion failed, and it was passed by 331 votes to 287.

Back