• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Up for voting then

Option B (Baron): Leave the EU without a deal on 12th April
Option D (Boles): Norway + model (remain in single market, customs arrangement, EFTA)
Option H (Eustice): Norway model, without a customs union (EEA + EFTA).
Option J (Clarke): Leave the EU with a UK-wide customs union.
Option K (Corbyn): Permanent customs union, including alignment with single market on future EU rights and regulations
Option L (Cherry): Revoke Article 50 if no-deal Brexit is not explicitly approved by MPs a day before we are due to leave
Option M (Beckett): Any withdrawal agreement must be put to the public in a ‘confirmatory’ second referendum
Option O (Fysh): If no withdrawal agreement agreed, seek “standstill” agreement with the EU while negotiating trade dea

MP's will simply vote yes or no on all options at the same time.

8 To go to the vote.

Boles, Beckett, Eustice, Baron, Cherry.......

Edit, Kenny beat me to it. I was trying to do from memory, before the lists were published.

Bercow re-states that MV3 must change before bringing it back.

From the Guardian...

Bercow puts prospect of fresh meaningful vote in doubt by firming up his 'no repeat votes' ruling
John Bercow, the Commons Speaker, is now talking about his ruling about “no repeat votes”, that prevented Theresa May from bringing back her meaningful vote before the EU summit.

He says there is talk of the government bringing back the vote on Thursday or Friday next week.

He says that, for this to be allowed, there would have to a substantial change to the motion.

And he says he has instructed the clerks to block any attempt by the government to ge round this ruling by tabling a “notwithstanding” motion - ie, a one-off rule change that would allow the debate to go ahead despite the usual Commons rule.

Bercow restates his ruling that he will only allow a new vote on the Brexit deal if it has changed significantly.
He says he will block any attempt by the government to use a procedural rule change to get round his decision.
This is new, and unexpected. It has probably reduced the chances of the meaningful vote being brought back this week (MV3), and it makes the chance of MV3 never happening a distinct possibility.

So no Malthouse option?

Amazingly enough that was a wild fantasy that will never happen.

Also Kit Malthouse looks like a really shit Paul Heaton lookalike, you can't have someone like that fronting the show.

_88784909_kitmalthouse.jpg

Yet it still looks like she will try and put it up for vote on Friday

And bercow will tell her to get fucked
Without a doubt and he has even blocked a potential way round getting the vote in again but it just sums her up. Refusing to listen to anyone and hoping everyone just gives up and let's her get on with it.

When he ruled out the notwithstanding idea and they went batshit it may possibly have suggested that was their cunning little plan.

When he ruled out the notwithstanding idea and they went batshit it may possibly have suggested that was their cunning little plan.

3ZMgkkW.gif

Their problem with all of their amazing plans is that they're also leakier than Fulham's defence. Everyone knows what they're intending to do miles before it happens.

I cannot express how much I love that gif!!

Margaret Beckett has just taught the House a lesson in statesmanship. Magnificent speech in favour of confirmation of any decision by referendum.

You can spot something new in it every time.

My three favourites are:

1) Man drowning under Furious Yellow Shirt
2) Paul Devlin being dragged away, bottom right
3) Michael Carrick popping up in a purple shirt and having a dance

Seems May has told her MP's she will resign when a deal to leave the EU is done.

Will guess she only means her deal though

So as her deal has about as much chance as I have of a bunk up with Gillian Anderson, then I guess she is here until hell freezes over.

Seems May has told her MP's she will resign when a deal to leave the EU is done.

Will guess she only means her deal though

We know that she routinely lies and also ignores what she said five minutes ago, but she has also said that she is not prepared to be PM if we are still in the EU after June 30.

The only way that can be avoided is if a deal is agreed before April 12 (both within Parliament and by the EU) so nothing sorted by then and she should be straight off.

So it his her deal that she quits on. Only a couple of issues here

1) She can't put it forward
2) As Labour, the IG & DUP wont back it, if it did get the thumbs up from the speaker it still wouldn't pass.

So essentially it's an empty offer. Bravo

Back