• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

MV3 tomorrow apparently. Waste of everyone's time. Again.

MV3 tomorrow apparently. Waste of everyone's time. Again.
So she thinks she has persuaded enough to vote with her resigning when it's done.

I presume amendments will be put forward again?

Hunt wanted it to be held on April 10. Such a pathetic wanker, still trying to play silly games at this time.

I hope members across the house realise that it has significantly detrimental constitutional implications and will vote it down so that we can continue with an orderly, iterative process of reaching consensus across the house rather than a kind of X Factor.

The house can only take over the order process for this if it has the majority. It's bullshit to say that it will lead to a constitutional crisis. The present Government has got us into this mess and if it wasn't for them blindly following one option, then they could still avert the need for cross party MP's to do it by holding the indicative votes themselves.

Corbyn meets with May.

'According to Labour sources, May told Corbyn there had not been a final decision on whether to hold a third vote on her Brexit deal tomorrow.
It is also understood the government suggested they would not be bound by the decision of MPs in any indicative votes on alternate Brexit options."

Yet the government is wanting to be bound by a non-binding referendum.

For Brexit or against? i live in the EU and am happy to say it's a fuck up, but we are not going to fix it from outside, stay in and get it right.
With Merkel on her bike there ha never been a better opportunity, or do we sit back and leave it to Macron, a nice lad and when he leaves school he could be quite good.

My NI mate insists they haven't had the £1bn, and won't do until there is an actual government in the NI Assembly, so no need to ask for a refund...

Yet the government is wanting to be bound by a non-binding referendum.

WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

When people get this...

On the indicative votes, May saying she won't back them as they will end up with a decision that the EU doesn't like....said by a woman who kept going back to the EU with ideas the EU didn't like. She is a swirling mess of hypocrisy

WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

When people get this...

On the indicative votes, May saying she won't back them as they will end up with a decision that the EU doesn't like....said by a woman who kept going back to the EU with ideas the EU didn't like. She is a swirling mess of hypocrisy
Will of the people has and is a smokescreen. Political power is the prime mover. The EU referendum = the great political swindle.

Nick Robinson

@bbcnickrobinson
Has the PM just taken No Deal off the table? She told MPs that “unless this House agrees to it no deal will not happen”. So, she’s now telling ERG that the choice is her deal, No Brexit or Slow Brexit.

She lies all the time and contradicts herself virtually every day but that would mean:

- MV3 (whenever it is held) fails
- No Deal ruled out (would have to be enshrined in law)
- Extension beyond April 12/May 22
- Have to participate in EU elections
- Long extension
- Horrible old crone said she is not prepared to be PM if extension is beyond June 30, so should be offski

Just save us all the time now and go.

Nick Robinson

@bbcnickrobinson
Has the PM just taken No Deal off the table? She told MPs that “unless this House agrees to it no deal will not happen”. So, she’s now telling ERG that the choice is her deal, No Brexit or Slow Brexit.

I've listened to most of the debate and I'm sure that she took no deal off of the table and then contradicted a few minutes later by saying that the only way to prevent no deal was to vote for her deal. She's been all over the place. At one stage stating that she needs to pass a deal that reflects her manifesto only then to have it read back to her by one of her own MP's and it did not contain any of the red lines that she is still sticking to.

She really has no clue and is just firing shots all over the place like I do when I play Call of Duty

I've listened to most of the debate and I'm sure that she took no deal off of the table and then contradicted a few minutes later by saying that the only way to prevent no deal was to vote for her deal. She's been all over the place. At one stage stating that she needs to pass a deal that reflects her manifesto only then to have it read back to her by one of her own MP's and it did not contain any of the red lines that she is still sticking to.

Governments break manifestos all the time anyway. She's served in two that did it.

Apparently this one (on this point) is sacrosanct though, like democracy only existed on 23 June 2016, not before, not after.

If it is not legal or politically correct to have a second referendum, how come we are about to have a third vote on Maybot's piss poor deal offered to the EU?
Woman they have dumped it twice, don't you realise you are next!!!

Tories whipping against the Letwin amendment (and the other 2 being voted on tonight).

May has promised the remainers in the Tories that the Government will do the indicative votes....the very same votes she was against earlier today.

Back