• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Eu pushes date to the 12th... yep that’ll do It, just need those extra 2 weeks to figure everything out. :icon_lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Number 10 is understood to be considering allowing parliament to vote on seven options next week "

- T- Bags rejected twice deal
- Revoke A50
- 2nd Ref
- The May deal with added customs union
- The May deal with the CU and Single Market access
- The May deal with CU, SM & a standard free trade agreement
- No Deal Brexit

Eu pushes date to the 12th... yep that’ll do It, just need those extra 2 weeks to figure everything out. :icon_lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a clever move really. They dont believe will go No Deal and expect May to quit/ be removed by Pest Control when she loses her vote again so 2 weeks to put a new leader in place and we ask for a long extension and put ourselves in the Euro Elections.

Don't often post on this, though have never denied that I voted out - don't regret that, but what I do regret is the complete fuck up they have made of the negotiations since the vote.

There should have been a delay before triggering A50 after the HoC had voted to do that to establish sufficient common ground on what deal could be accepted for the majority to vote for - this clearly needed to be cross party.

Instead May then wandered off with her folder full of red lines that really weren't needed & obviously would piss enough off to ensure that it couldn't get through. I'm not a great fan of the EU Commission infrastructure, but not sure what they could do to agree an acceptable deal for them when she came in with those conditions from her side.

At this point now given my age & personal circumstances that I might just as well wash my hands of anything else and let the rest of the Country get on with what happens next.

At this point now given my age & personal circumstances that I might just as well wash my hands of anything else and let the rest of the Country get on with what happens next.

I find this 'fuck you all and deal with my decision' unsurprising from a Brexit voter.

It's disgusting but unsurprising.

I find this 'fuck you all and deal with my decision' unsurprising from a Brexit voter.

OK - that's not the sentiment I was putting over, but if's that how you want to take it then that's your choice!

The last 2 years were not what I was voting for anymore than the majority of others.

what are the chances of putting a transfer bid in for Jacinda Adern from NZ. the most common sense politician i have ever seen, she would sort this shit out in a week.

At last..some sense in Brexit

An open letter to Theresa May
My Dear Theresa,
We have known each other for over 21 years since you became our MP. You visited my home in Sonning, where you also lived. Three years before you became Prime Minister, I predicted your victory when I showed you Winston Churchill's spoon on my Cadillac, which I asked you to touch.
Despite popular public opinion, I also predicted that Donald Trump would become the 45th President of the United States.
As you might have read, I am ensuring that Jeremy Corbyn never gets the keys to Number 10 Downing Street, with the power of my mind which I have proved over and again.
I will ensure that they bend out of all proportion to ensure that he never takes up residence there.
My power has been validated by the CIA, MI5 and Mossad.
The CIA concluded: "As a result of Geller's success in this experimental period, we consider that he has demonstrated his paranormal perceptual ability in a convincing and unambiguous manner."
It is easily verifiable. Just look at the official CIA website.
I have influenced many high ranking officials around the world.
On one occasion, Senator Clayborne Pell, then the chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, directed me to bombard the mind of Yuli Vorontsov, the Soviet Union’s chief nuclear negotiator, to influence him telepathically to sign the Nuclear Arms Reduction treaty, which I did successfully.
Now to the point of my open letter to you.
I feel psychically and very strongly that most British people do not want Brexit.
I love you very much but I will not allow you to lead Britain into Brexit.
As much as I admire you, I will stop you telepathically from doing this - and believe me I am capable of executing it.
Before I take this drastic course of action, I appeal to you to stop the process immediately while you still have a chance.
Although I currently live in Israel I am still a British citizen and feel very passionately about the country and the people I came to love.
Much energy and love
Uri Geller

This line killed me " when I showed you Winston Churchill's spoon on my Cadillac, which I asked you to touch." :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Don't often post on this, though have never denied that I voted out - don't regret that, but what I do regret is the complete fuck up they have made of the negotiations since the vote.

There should have been a delay before triggering A50 after the HoC had voted to do that to establish sufficient common ground on what deal could be accepted for the majority to vote for - this clearly needed to be cross party.

Instead May then wandered off with her folder full of red lines that really weren't needed & obviously would piss enough off to ensure that it couldn't get through. I'm not a great fan of the EU Commission infrastructure, but not sure what they could do to agree an acceptable deal for them when she came in with those conditions from her side.

agree it's been completely brainless tbh. far too much worry from so called leaders about what the voters and probably media will make of them.

the cross party comment - even more so after the GE result. i'm not convinced it would have necessarily helped or solved the issues but it had to be attempted.

unfortunately, getting consensus isn't how UK politics work - it's pretty much always been shit for that

She can't say no to that :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Further to this then what was meant is that if it comes back for a second vote then I should abstain as at my age & personal circumstances I'm not going to be affected to the same extent so should allow those who are to make the decision rather than me having any effect on the outcome.

My chance to decide this was in 1975!

Further to this then what was meant is that if it comes back for a second vote then I should abstain as at my age & personal circumstances I'm not going to be affected to the same extent so should allow those who are to make the decision rather than me having any effect on the outcome.

My chance to decide this was in 1975!

I do have a smidgen of sympathy for repentant Brexiters, since voters were given almost no accurate information on which to base a decision. Hopefully at least some will be able to correct their error now the picture is clearer. My view was, and remains, that the people who are going to have to live with this for a lot longer than the likes of us deserve my support against the more selfish and shorter-sighted members of our cohort. May & co.'s antics have simply endorsed that view.

I do have a smidgen of sympathy for repentant Brexiters, since voters were given almost no accurate information on which to base a decision. Hopefully at least some will be able to correct their error now the picture is clearer. My view was, and remains, that the people who are going to have to live with this for a lot longer than the likes of us deserve my support against the more selfish and shorter-sighted members of our cohort. May & co.'s antics have simply endorsed that view.

Not sure that I'm a completely repentant Brexiteer as my reasons for voting that way had little to do with immigration, signs on buses or other nonsense spouted at the time & not sure that my view of the longer term benefit of the EU has changed significantly (this is empire building, even if by apparent agreement rather than conquest - history tells us that none have lasted & the fallout is problematical for all).

Just that I am not sure now whether I should have any influence on the future path taken given that I will almost certainly not be affected as much as the majority in this Country (if my personal circumstances are badly affected it will only be due to the whole system collapsing when we will all be buggered)

Think that there was a deal there which would have been acceptable, but not in the way it has been done.

not sure that my view of the longer term benefit of the EU has changed significantly (this is empire building, even if by apparent agreement rather than conquest - history tells us that none have lasted & the fallout is problematical for all).

what an odd way to think of it.

things are pretty stable at the moment, but at some point they may not be, so might as well self-sabotage cause hey things aren't perfect forever.

I just don't get it.

what an odd way to think of it.

things are pretty stable at the moment, but at some point they may not be, so might as well self-sabotage cause hey things aren't perfect forever.

I just don't get it.

We are all conditioned by our experiences in life to some extent - if what I thought I was voting yes for in 1975 had come about and stayed in place then would be more than happy - those in the centre knew that there was another agenda which they declined to reveal at that time - I suspect that that has a part in the way those old enough to remember that time voted in 2016.

Not saying that that is right, but it is probably understandable - which is why I may well abstain if it comes back to the people.

That highlights that you cant really have fiscal union without political union.

Back