• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

You voted for this, mate. We don't agree.

yeah we know that. Thats not the debate. I am actually on your side on this. If ever there was an opportunity to show a strength then this [petition is it. If ever there was a time for those remainers and those who have had enough to show those in parliament exactly what " will of the people is"

A second referendum would have been an easier choice than 3 votes for the dead deal but thats where the country is. To tell the whole of parliament we have all had a potfull of the posturing and pissing about the simple choice is. Beat 17.4 million who voted leave on the petition or off we go. No deal brexit. We cannot ever ever ever ever vote yes to Mays abominable deal.

if 17.5 million sign that then I as a brexiter would look at it and say WTF? People can change their view. They just cant keep holding votes until they get the answer they wanted.

will of the people innit.

Fucking hard to argue against 17 million signatories. In fact its political suicide. As we are finding.

The difference is that if 17.4 million had voted remain this would have gone 3 years ago and the likes of Farage would be a distant memory. But it didnt did it. I am just pointing out that in the last four or five pages many of you have used terms about the state of all parties that some of us brexiters used in the run in to the referendum. Its the closest we have been to agreement on here in three years albeit moving from opposite starting points. Fucking irony

You really think that if the referendum result had been reversed, with Remain winning by a similar margin, the anti-Europe voices would have just packed up their rucksacks and retreated to the sidelines?
I'd imagine the opposite - and that in reality, they would have preferred such a result because it keeps them relevant. Once we've left, what use will anybody have for people whose entire political raison d'etre has been anti-Europe?
You could make an argument that's it's in the interests of the ERG and their ilk, to string this farago out as long as possible. Who's going to listen to what Jacob Rees-Mogg has to say about council tax, pensions, the NHS or any of the other things we might get to talk about once this is done?

The tyrant in charge has totally ignored the results of 2 of the biggest defeats in Parliamentary history and is continuing to do things her way despite this. I somewhat doubt an online petition or a march in London will do the slightest bit of difference.

May needs removing from office for me to have any hope of this having anything other than a very damaging end result.

She is getting very little sympathy in Brussels. Looks like they have had enough of her too.

So she will just go no deal.

Dont expect her to do anything decent. She will simply say "not my fault. I had a deal and MPs refused to realise it was ace"

Dont expect her to do anything decent. She will simply say "not my fault. I had a deal and MPs refused to realise it was ace"

If she were to do that, i would imagine that an immediate vote of no confidence would be issued against her. I'd say that there would be enough Conservatives voting against her to force her out of office.

She is getting very little sympathy in Brussels. Looks like they have had enough of her too.

Well if its 2 choices her deal or no deal then its hobsons choice and no deal and then get on with it. Trying to take a positive, it will end her.

I cannot believe there are people out there who actually genuinely would take no deal over May's deal. Madness.

You know what no deal involves, right?

Overnight we lose access to every single agency we've spent 40 years working with. All those functions we've outsourced to EU facilities disappear in an instant.

Its not the status quo but with bendy bananas....

Overnight we lose access to every single agency we've spent 40 years working with. All those functions we've outsourced to EU facilities disappear in an instant.

But think of the reduction in red tape as well...

two way street.

Mays deal is absolutely the worst possible effort and solves fuck all.Its the deal negotiated by a remainer to ensure she can threaten to leave then not and when it goes tits up it wont be her fault. Its not a deal. Its rubbish. Please stop saying its even an option. Its crap.

Strategically there has been a huge pissing contest with the UK and the EU with regard to the whole brexit process.

Operationally and tactically we will just have to get on with it. The proactive approach has been scuppered by the leaders on all sides. Now for the reactive one. Its no deal and we take it from there.

Or we have a vote of no confidence and dissolution of parliament which would definitely be a reason for delay that the EU can accept, and then bollocks to a people’s vote, just revoke article 50 and end this shitefest

Or we have a vote of no confidence and dissolution of parliament which would definitely be a reason for delay that the EU can accept, and then bollocks to a people’s vote, just revoke article 50 and end this shitefest

It really is shit or get off the pot time

Mays deal is absolutely the worst possible effort and solves fuck all.Its the deal negotiated by a remainer to ensure she can threaten to leave then not and when it goes tits up it wont be her fault. Its not a deal. Its rubbish. Please stop saying its even an option. Its crap.

Strategically there has been a huge pissing contest with the UK and the EU with regard to the whole brexit process.

Operationally and tactically we will just have to get on with it. The proactive approach has been scuppered by the leaders on all sides. Now for the reactive one. Its no deal and we take it from there.

....but it's still better than no deal

....but it's still better than no deal

Its not.

We can debate it all you like

Its not

Its a capitulation

It gives us nothing

It strands us.

If we take the deal we are completely fucked forever.

If we go no deal we are short term fucked. But that at least gives recovery in our control. We cannot change where we are. But no deal beats Mays deal as at least it kills off May.

Now there is no winner. Its only degrees of losing and no deal seems incredibly to be a better option and thats from a person CONVINCED that there would be a deal.

Politicians across all sides should hang there heads.

No Deal isn't a better option though, that's your conclusion out of nowhere (you seem to think that's the only way to get rid of Theresa May when the likelihood is we're talking weeks rather than months until she goes regardless).

Every single piece of credible analysis suggests it would be a catastrophe.

Back