• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

If it were a fight for my life what would I prefer. A hand to hand where I had a chance or a firing squad? No one votes firing squad.

Yets everyone looking at the deal says its a disaster from which we are unlikely to recover. Turkeys and Xmas.

If it were a fight for my life what would I prefer. A hand to hand where I had a chance or a firing squad? No one votes firing squad.

Yet everyone looking at no deal says its a disaster from which we are unlikely to recover. Turkeys and Xmas.

Fixed for you

The EU wanted this game of chicken post the brexit vote. If not the deal would have been a hell of a lot sweeter than it is.

It's not the EU, it's our ridiculous approach.

Their mindset from the start has been - you can't have all the good bits of EU membership and take out the bits you don't like. Consistent and perfectly reasonable.

It has been down to our approach. It is the UK's fault.

It's not the EU, it's our ridiculous approach.

Their mindset from the start has been - you can't have all the good bits of EU membership and take out the bits you don't like. Consistent and perfectly reasonable.

It has been down to our approach. It is the UK's fault.
Yep. Simple really but true

Case in point here:

UK PM May presented her views to EU27 leaders at #EUCO. I am told she was “evasive” and “tightlipped”. The prime minister was repeatedly asked by several leaders what she would do if MPs vote the deal down. May didn’t answer the question.

What on earth do you expect the EU to do in the face of that? They are dealing with someone who fundamentally cannot deal with people.

yeah it's definitely the EU's fault.

edit -- lol beaten to the punch

It was May who put all those stupid red -line shaped obstacles in the way of a decent settlement.
Ultimately, there are multiple people to blame for this - all British - but way, way at the top of that list are Cameron and May.

Well if its 2 choices her deal or no deal then its hobsons choice and no deal and then get on with it. Trying to take a positive, it will end her.

Can always revoke a50 and get on with it too.

Edit: just read the more recent posts. Just how in the heck is it the EUs fault, now? The UK had the best membership, voted to leave and then wanted terns that would have killed off the union.

The EU is responsible for a lot of things, such as evolution in all branches of society, unparalleled travels and trading with no borders, internationally funded university's exchange program, access to one of the most qualified court of Justice in world, with unmatched development of recent legal system (competition and IP law for example), and I could go on. But it is NOT responsible for one of the biggest fuck ups in recent European history.

You voted for this, with no mandate, no program, no system put in place, nothing worth a damn that could prevent this whole thing to blow up the way it did. You brought this on yourself, do not put the blame on the rest of us.

This whole crap reminds me of our authoritarian/fascist regime's motto. "proudly alone."

Edit 2: I know you guys may not appreciate this in the exact same terms. But the Euro is amazing. To be able totravel without worrying about which coins I have in pocket is such a relief and money saving politic. No more exchange, no more pocket coins leftover, no crap.

Maybe this is all me, I was born in the EU. I consider myself a EU citizen. And I have very pro-eu views. So excuse my rant.

45f0ee172dfb241d114c04c31e48168a.jpg

dcaddd24ea4a8690fce12efc6a7a81d5.jpg

0e54831cbb6c4d0194c4abf6d4d01e0c.jpg

How would anyone know?? Bloody HGV drivers pull into the outside lane all the time even though it's gonna take 10 minutes to pass the other HGV that is only going half a mile an hour slower than them

Good luck getting onto the m1 in Nottinghamshire around 6pm! It's normally gridlocked anyway.

It was May who put all those stupid red -line shaped obstacles in the way of a decent settlement.
Ultimately, there are multiple people to blame for this - all British - but way, way at the top of that list are Cameron and May.

nice avatar - top album

May seems desperate to challenge renowned enemy of the people digby jones for his perennial title of slopey shouldered c*nt of the year.

Nine month extension text to being drafted by the EU as opposed to the 22nd May. I can't understand why they're all of the opinion the May's deal is dead?

Labour whipping all MPs to be in the House on 29th March. Looks like they are planning to find some way to stop no-deal.

So are they leaving our illustrious leader with the option of fucking up the country by going for a no deal or to resign if her deal doesn't pass.

Who knows?

Corbyn is playing this as his personal power game as well. It's simply bizarre from all sides.

May has "performed extremely badly" in her meeting with the EU leaders, apparently.

There's a depressing thread on twitter by Robert shrimsley of the FT. Basically saying that a no deal is almost unavoidable if T-Bag has her heart set on it as even a no confidence vote leaves the Tories two weeks to cobble another majority and in the meantime she stays as leader.

The FT now reporting that she is determined to take us out without a deal if her deal fails.

She should be summoned back to the house now!

Back