• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Denis Staunton

@denisstaunton
Hearing EU leaders could take another couple of hours to agree Brexit conclusions as discussion focuses on short extension without condition that Commons approves May’s deal next week.

So are the EU giving the UK parliament time to take over the process. It comes to something when we're reliant on foreign leaders to stop our own leader from totally fucking the country up.

Might be a better idea when the alternative leaves us in the current mess...

Yeah, right. Fucking the country beyond recognition is the better plan. My spotty hairy arse. She should be removed. Maybe Queenie could do it. After all the civil war was over 350 years ago.

I actually meant dictatorship over democracy, although I wasn’t been totally serious.

I cannot express how much of a cunt the imbecile from BrexitLeave on BBC News right now actually is. Absolutely staggering, and he needs fucking shooting.

For fans of of the Petition - Now at 1.5 mill. Not bad considering the site has been down half the day

Paul Brand
@PaulBrandITV
"Several MPs reporting conversations with Chief Whip today, who's said to be openly admitting in the tea rooms that PM's statement was "appalling." Huge strain felt by Whips Office right now - having to make up for PM's own-goal.

By all accounts - including those from the heart of government - there seems to be a serious lack of trust now between Whips Office and Downing Street. How on earth PM expects to win MV3 next week when she's alienated her whipping operation is unclear.

He's carrying the can for a beleaguered Prime Minister who refuses to listen.
Of course, rifts in Government aren't unusual.
But while some can be managed, no Prime Minister can survive without a Chief Whip.
You know all discipline really has broken down when even the Chief Whip is telling MPs he can no longer provide it."

Our PM Ladies & Gentleman

Nick Gutteridge
‏ @nick_gutteridge
47m47 minutes ago
EU official says that when leaders asked May what she was going to do if her deal was voted down, she would only reply that she was following her 'Plan A' of getting it through. It was then they decided 'she didn't have a plan so they needed to come up with one for her'.

I wonder if Plan A has been some elaborate double-cross this whole time? She voted Remain remember.

Maybe this is her dithery long winded master plan to get it all called off...

NEW: updated draft conclusions: 'EUCO agrees to an extension to 22 May, provided WA is approved by the HoC next week. If the WA is not approved by the HoC next week, EUCO agrees to an extension until 12 April, expects UK to indicate a way forward for the consideration of EUCO'

Basically the 12 April deadline is for us to get rid of the useless bag unless a miracle happens and the deal passes (it won't, because the people she needed to convince now hate her even more after last night). At the moment a VONC wouldn't do any good as we don't have 14 spare days.

I wonder if Plan A has been some elaborate double-cross this whole time? She voted Remain remember.

Maybe this is her dithery long winded master plan to get it all called off...

She is nothing like clever enough to do that. Thick as mince.

She is being "that difficult woman" really.

So an intransigent bitch who cannot see that her way is DEAD and the alternatives are armageddon. If she loses the whips she is in trouble but knowing her she will keep prancing through the fucking wheatfield while we all go to hell. Marvellous stuff. My joy is without bound.

Hi ho hi ho its off the cliff we go.

Sorry, that's flippant.

I always wanted brexit but a soft brexit one that gave just enough to appease the leave vote but recognition for the benefits the EEC bought. In three years , nobody from ANY party or the EU has remotely come close to outlining what a soft brexit could be. That's we are left with shit choices.

She is being "that difficult woman" really.

So an intransigent bitch who cannot see that her way is DEAD and the alternatives are armageddon. If she loses the whips she is in trouble but knowing her she will keep prancing through the fucking wheatfield while we all go to hell. Marvellous stuff. My joy is without bound.

Like I said the other week, she seems to think it's a badge of honour that Ken Clarke called her that. It really isn't. It's a diplomatic way of saying "you are impossible to work with and an absolute freakshow".

Nick Gutteridge
‏ @nick_gutteridge
4m4 minutes ago

So here’s where we seem to be: If MPs approve the deal next week there’s a technical extension to May 22 then UK leaves. If they don’t there’s an extension to April 12 with the option to then go much longer if the UK agrees to hold EU elections. Essentially a buffet extension.

I always wanted brexit but a soft brexit one that gave just enough to appease the leave vote but recognition for the benefits the EEC bought. In three years , nobody from ANY party or the EU has remotely come close to outlining what a soft brexit could be. That's we are left with shit choices.

Yes they have. There are plenty of potential Brexit solutions that could be perceived to be "soft". The Government has ruled them all out with their own red lines. They voluntarily boxed themselves in. You cannot have what they profess to want (no FoM, no Customs Union, no Single Market) and also have a Soft Brexit.

By the way this means the prospect of No Deal is significantly lowered as we'll get rid of the lunatic who is propelling us that way. The one who thinks it's clever to drive towards a cliff edge.

Let's just say she can forget a glittering post-politics future, she is going to be an absolute pariah. Awful, awful woman.

Back