• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

I voted Green, they also back a second referendum. What's the difference, other than one was led by a religious homophobe in 2017 and the other one wasn't?

Starting position I guess. LibDems would more likely be on people's radar than greens.

Irrelevant round here though isn't it, neither will win.

If I'd voted Labour and then banged on about how my choices were being ignored you may have a point.

Erm, they did, but clearly in 2015 it wasn't as high on some peoples agenda as other matters.
Exactly. There wasn't sufficient support of a single agenda party to return more than 1 MP. That's how pressing membership of the EU was to the general population. This whole sorry state of affairs is down to a weak Tory leader.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47652071
Commons leader Andrea Leadsom said she had been made aware of technical problems with the petition site - but she dismissed the petition as not being on the same scale as pro-Brexit vote in the 2016 referendum.

"Should it reach 17.4 million respondents then I am sure there will be a very clear case for taking action," she told MPs.

Irrelevant round here though isn't it, neither will win.

If I'd voted Labour and then banged on about how my choices were being ignored you may have a point.

I would for you, but if 16.1m had voted for LibDems then I assume they'd have got in?

It would probably take parliament 2 years to debate what the 2 options will be.

Oh noes...

As I was informed last night though, there is amendment sitting there that could get it sorted in the next week. Obviously our PM will vote against that being added to her deal and if it gets through you can pretty much guarantee she will also then vote against her own deal even though she believes the public will back her.

I can't see how you could have anything other than remain or leave with no deal.

I would think it would be long extension (and by doing so a cross party group with timelines set in stone) v no deal.

Oh noes...

As I was informed last night though, there is amendment sitting there that could get it sorted in the next week. Obviously our PM will vote against that being added to her deal and if it gets through you can pretty much guarantee she will also then vote against her own deal even though she believes the public will back her.

She'll be in a minority along with the deplorable scumbags from the far right and NI.

People wanted a vote on Proportional representation ( If you can take a look at the i briefing today and their stance decrying the state of two party politics in the UK something you all know I bang on about). That got filtered into a vote on an " alternative vote" which was absolute bollocks. People in the UK were given a referendum on Leave- Stay. They voted leave. The deal on the table isnt leave. Its capitulation. Its no more a deal that us flogging Neves for 100k tomorrow to West Brom! It is so utterley useless that the term "deal" should not be allowed as it almost violates the law on trades description.

So offering a second vote on that " Deal" or remain is akin to asking some chap would you like to be kicked in the bollocks or given 50 quid. There are a few that may opt for a kick in the bollocks but most will take the 50 quid. I am so completely and utterly confused by the shenanigans (spelling?) of both Labour and Tory I can honestly say that I will do my best to never vote for either again . Ever. Tories were already fucked with me. Labour are now also so poor, so self serving and so utterly incompetent under Corbyns leadership as to render them useless.

May was a horrible Home sec. Nothing changed. When will this country learn that it cannot keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

Erm, they did, but clearly in 2015 it wasn't as high on some peoples agenda as other matters.
That's a very nice way of putting it. I'd say that the vast, vast majority of the electorate didn't have a clue about what the E.U was and/or didn't care.

Funny how many experts there are now.

Great numbers but will achieve nothing in reality.

No, amusing but pointless.

Will be interesting to see how many they get to the people's vote march on Saturday. Will they top Farage's three racists and a dog effort?

For what?

The thing could get everyone in the country bar T May signing it and she would insist he plan is what we all want.

will of the people innit.

Fucking hard to argue against 17 million signatories. In fact its political suicide. As we are finding.

The difference is that if 17.4 million had voted remain this would have gone 3 years ago and the likes of Farage would be a distant memory. But it didnt did it. I am just pointing out that in the last four or five pages many of you have used terms about the state of all parties that some of us brexiters used in the run in to the referendum. Its the closest we have been to agreement on here in three years albeit moving from opposite starting points. Fucking irony

You voted for this, mate. We don't agree.

Back