• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Our lovely PM also thinks the public back her deal.

Only one way to find out if that is true...

I would argue the case for another referendum on the basis that the mess we are in now is caused by the Leave campaign promising an outcome that was entirely fictional and not capable of being delivered - as proved in the "negotiations" since. Then you also have to factor in the fact that had the referendum been legally binding the result would have been declared void and illegal due to criminal activity on the Leave side. As it was non-binding then we are allowed to be held to it.

The only outcomes for leaving are May's deal or No Deal. May's deal doesn't please anybody as it is just a watered down version of leaving that is effectively saying 'we have honoured the will of the people' without really leaving the EU as such. In my opinion anybody who is in favour of No Deal and wants to JUST LEAVE is either a) personally profiting from a No Deal Brexit b) doesn't really understand the implications of No Deal or c) is so blinded by bigotry and hatred of the EU that they don't actually care about the ramifications of No Deal.

A really think a second referendum would see a bigger win for leave regardless of the 16-18 year olds that can now vote. There seems to be hell of a lot of remain voters saying that we need to leave for the sake of democracy. People should have really voted for the LibDems if they wanted a second referendum, but the appetite obviously wasn't that strong.

A really think a second referendum would see a bigger win for leave.

and if that happens at least we will know what is going to happen this time. Rather than a campaign of lies and then 3 years of making stupid statements we would leave the EU on the deal our PM has put forward and no one* could complain

*well some will but that is just life.

A second vote would be a landslide remain.

You are worlds worst predictor.

Still waiting for us to smash Huddersfield & Fulham, remain to win, May to resign/be sacked.

I'm off to put money on Leave winning any 2nd ref...

A second vote would be a landslide remain.

It wouldn't be a landslide. It would be another pretty close call IMO.

A really think a second referendum would see a bigger win for leave regardless of the 16-18 year olds that can now vote. There seems to be hell of a lot of remain voters saying that we need to leave for the sake of democracy. People should have really voted for the LibDems if they wanted a second referendum, but the appetite obviously wasn't that strong.

It would depend what the choices on the ballot were I suppose. It would have to be different from just In/Out like the first one as we now know what Brexit looks like so would have to be some sort of choice of either two options from Remain/May's Deal/No Deal or a choice from all 3 options.

People should have really voted for the LibDems if they wanted a second referendum, but the appetite obviously wasn't that strong.

That argument just doesn't stack up I'm afraid.

Let's say Nuno leaves and I want Wolves to carry on playing three at the back.

We have three candidates who go to a shortlist, two highly esteemed ones who play 4-3-3 and Glenn Hoddle.

"Well, you should have pressed for Hoddle if you wanted three at the back"

That argument just doesn't stack up I'm afraid.

Let's say Nuno leaves and I want Wolves to carry on playing three at the back.

We have three candidates who go to a shortlist, two highly esteemed ones who play 4-3-3 and Glenn Hoddle.

"Well, you should have pressed for Hoddle if you wanted three at the back"

It really does if a second referendum was that important to people. (It’s the main reason I voted for them). It’s also the opposite why people on here wouldn’t vote for Corbyn, not because of his political policies.

Yeah, because that synopsis is dead similar.

and if that happens at least we will know what is going to happen this time. Rather than a campaign of lies and then 3 years of making stupid statements we would leave the EU on the deal our PM has put forward and no one* could complain

*well some will but that is just life.

I agree.

Well the Lib Dems didn't stand a candidate in South Staffs, so I'd have had a bit of a problem there with the masterplan.

Also I'm not voting for a party led by Tim Farron.

It wouldn't be a landslide. It would be another pretty close call IMO.

It would depend what the choices on the ballot were I suppose. It would have to be different from just In/Out like the first one as we now know what Brexit looks like so would have to be some sort of choice of either two options from Remain/May's Deal/No Deal or a choice from all 3 options.

I can't see how you could have anything other than remain or leave with no deal.

I can't see how you could have anything other than remain or leave with no deal.

You could only have 1 option for leave, out of the 2 we currently have or you split that vote and the Ref becomes pointless. I can't see the Government putting the no deal option forward so it would be remain or the deal agreed with the EU.

No Deal still leaves us open to bullshit promises and stupid statements on how easy it will be and then we are back to where we are now.

You could only have 1 option for leave, out of the 2 we currently have or you split that vote and the Ref becomes pointless. I can't see the Government putting the no deal option forward so it would be remain or the deal agreed with the EU.

No Deal still leaves us open to bullshit promises and stupid statements on how easy it will be and then we are back to where we are now.

It would probably take parliament 2 years to debate what the 2 options will be.

My mistake.

Nevertheless, what impact at all would that have had where I live? Gavin Partridge got nearly 70% of the vote.

I dare say there are all leavers too, but had they not been and a second referendum was the most important thing in their life then they should have voted LibDems.

I voted Green, they also back a second referendum. What's the difference, other than one was led by a religious homophobe in 2017 and the other one wasn't?

I'd forgotten that UKIP got nearly 17% of the vote round here in 2015. Yuck.

It is full of old people though, most of whom are probably a bit racist.

People really should have voted for UKIP if they wanted to leave the UK.

Back