• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

To lighten the mood a little bit: Think a "came to watch a wolves match" will be taken as a valid reason for a visa?

Not if the Customs Agent hasn't been to a game since 1995 and thinks the loyalty points scheme is a travesty ;)

No deal isn't going to happen and May Vote 3 will lose again next week. Tusk said he'd call an emergency meeting if required. Only ways through are a softer Brexit that commands the support of the house or putting her deal to a referendum. She's doing what she always does though which is act like she has a 200 seat majority.

IMO Corbyn was wrong to walk out of the meeting just cos Umunna was there even if he was correct in pointing out that he's not a party leader. Neither the time or the place really.

Shockingly enough it turns out the meeting was entirely pointless and simply a PR exercise.

Yeah, it's the Government's own website :icon_lol: So it's owned by awful people, but it is real. Like the West Ham of websites I suppose.

No deal isn't going to happen and May Vote 3 will lose again next week. Tusk said he'd call an emergency meeting if required. Only ways through are a softer Brexit that commands the support of the house or putting her deal to a referendum. She's doing what she always does though which is act like she has a 200 seat majority.
No deal will happen if an alternative isn't agreed. And right now we've got two party leaders who are incapable of compromise.

No deal will happen if an alternative isn't agreed. And right now we've got two party leaders who are incapable of compromise.

And a counterpart who is comprised by 27 other individuals, many of which are getting pretty fed up with this story and the fact that, almost three years down the line, nothing of substance has been made. No deal, no preparation for no deal. Nothing. And for an extension, you need unanimity. More chances of just ending it now.

It must be a huge disappointment to you when your hero proves to be completely incompetent whilst isolating those who he needs to vote for him outside of your echo chamber. He's pathetic and you know this, yes I'm telling you what you think again and deep inside that really hurts you because you know it to be true.

Hurt? Not really. I was done with any serious political activism a few years back. I am left wing for sure and I was active in the Labour Party throughout the Kinnock/Blair/Brown years without ever feeling the need to leave the party even though I had fundamental disagreements. I was never factional and I am not now. It’s people like you and the nasty left faction in the party that put me off staying involved - I don’t need you or anyone else to tell me what I think. Am I glad the neo-liberal wing of the party is in retreat? Yes, because I don’t believe in neo-liberalism as it is just a watered down version of Thatcherism, the dogma that got me involved in politics in the first place. Do I think Corbyn is the Messiah? No, he is an accidental leader promoted beyond his ability and his aspirations just because he was the last on the list from the left.

It is your own echo chamber that has pigeon-holed me and until people like you and the equally as pointless left “Corbynistas” settle down I will limit my politics to places like this and the occasional leaflet round.

Yeah, it was on about 230k I think when I signed 20 minutes ago? 40k more since then.

I signed around seven hours ago and it was at 46,000 - now it's not far off a third of a million. Pretty phenomenal, really.

To add to that, it's already the 4th highest scoring online petition :icon_lol:

'Leave without a Deal on March 29th' is second with 369,527. It's going to break the record.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions

I signed around seven hours ago and it was at 46,000 - now it's not far off a third of a million. Pretty phenomenal, really.

To add to that, it's already the 4th highest scoring online petition :icon_lol:

'Leave without a Deal on March 29th' is second with 369,527. It's going to break the record.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions

Every page reload adds 100 or so sigs at the moment. Mental!

Hurt? Not really. I was done with any serious political activism a few years back. I am left wing for sure and I was active in the Labour Party throughout the Kinnock/Blair/Brown years without ever feeling the need to leave the party even though I had fundamental disagreements. I was never factional and I am not now. It’s people like you and the nasty left faction in the party that put me off staying involved - I don’t need you or anyone else to tell me what I think. Am I glad the neo-liberal wing of the party is in retreat? Yes, because I don’t believe in neo-liberalism as it is just a watered down version of Thatcherism, the dogma that got me involved in politics in the first place. Do I think Corbyn is the Messiah? No, he is an accidental leader promoted beyond his ability and his aspirations just because he was the last on the list from the left.

It is your own echo chamber that has pigeon-holed me and until people like you and the equally as pointless left “Corbynistas” settle down I will limit my politics to places like this and the occasional leaflet round.

If only the forum had a thread which went back nearly 4 years which disproved the feigned detachment above...

If only the forum had a thread which went back nearly 4 years which disproved the feigned detachment above...

The singular most import role of opposition is to provide the option of an alternative government. Regardless of whether you agree with Corbyn or not, he plainly is not delivering on that measure (2016)

And I am pretty sure that more often than not, I have not been an enthusiastic supporter of Jeremy Corbyn.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

This is going viral at the moment (I've signed, obviously). Hopefully the numbers go through the roof and Emperor Death is forced to qualify her statement that "this is what you want".

If it gets 17.5 million votes then we dont need a second vote. Suggest that remainers sign this like its going out of fashion while leavers sign the no deal one at similar speed. At the moment a few hundred thousand on each is not the will of the people/ 17 million would be.

What a great test of electronic voting this could be. Trouble is the system will break!

Back