• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

You can have your deal through the Commons, but it is subject to approval by a referendum (which is presumably Remain vs Deal)

At this point in time, that is the sensible approach. Revoking isn't going to happen so if her deal wins with the public then its done (last YouGov poll had it 67% of the Nation against it or something like that)

So if that amendment is passed does that make her deal ok for the Speaker to allow it?

If she ever does resign (I can’t see it) who would be the actual alternatives? As much as I want rid of her I do worry about that ever so slightly...

The Tories would probably split in a leadership contest, Raab C Brexit on one side and Rudd on the other. Everyone else is either too toxic, too shit or doesn't want it.

Surely though they can't get away with parachuting another PM in, they've already done it once in the last three years. It's a bad look when you do it once. It'd have to be a GE because any new PM can't govern in this Parliament, purely due to the maths.

At this point in time, that is the sensible approach. Revoking isn't going to happen so if her deal wins with the public then its done (last YouGov poll had it 67% of the Nation against it or something like that)

So if that amendment is passed does that make her deal ok for the Speaker to allow it?

Yes because it's a substantial change. The agreement itself is the same, but clearly the outcome is different.

Her deal, new deal to be negotiated by a cross party group, no deal

Would be my guess. I don't think revocation of A50 will be on the table. Brussels have already said they would need significant change to grant an extension.

Nah, as I said previously, months ago? There will be one or two more meaningless concessions from the EU on 'The Deal', mainly around 'The Backstop' and the 'remainer' politicians will bottle out as they are more afraid of a 'no deal' than they are of 'The Deal'.
About fucking time as well. Assholes want shooting.

Not a chance. Not a chance. Thankfully.

Anyway, enjoy Ireland and fuck off out of what is now quite an internal affair.

You can have your deal through the Commons, but it is subject to approval by a referendum (which is presumably Remain vs Deal)

Do you think the EU would go for that? Their current statement seems to be mays deal or no deal? (Though they’re as likely to backtrack as anyone, they’ll still want it wrapped up before the eu elections)

Do you think the EU would go for that? Their current statement seems to be mays deal or no deal? (Though they’re as likely to backtrack as anyone, they’ll still want it wrapped up before the eu elections)
I would say they would agree if a 2nd vote was put to the people knowing that decision was final and it was either over or the deal they agreed.

If referendum is the way they will grant a MUCH longer extension.

Her little speech has gone down like a fart in a spacesuit on all sides both here and in Europe so hopefully she can frollick off through a wheatfield to obscurity soon. I am firing up the Spitfire engine in anticipation.

What they've said to May at the moment is that you can only have your three months if your deal passes. I don't think they care which mechanism we use.

Deal passes with amendment clause and we (the public, the people who Cruella thinks all have the same opinion, 100% of the time and it happens to tally exactly with hers) then vote to stay, no skin off their nose.

Very rare I'll ask this but any chance the language could be toned down a bit? It's like every post at the moment. I'd rather talk about this properly, not like bullnecked idiots bawling at each other in the Moon Under Water.

Makes sense - we’d have to organise the vote pretty sharpish, but 2.5 months isn’t impossible.

Very rare I'll ask this but any chance the language could be toned down a bit? It's like every post at the moment. I'd rather talk about this properly, not like bullnecked idiots bawling at each other in the Moon Under Water.

I will do my best.

Hard to promise it forever, but I will try.

Makes sense - we’d have to organise the vote pretty sharpish, but 2.5 months isn’t impossible.

The deal has been in place since November and the Brexit case has been made ad infinitum by our esteemed Prime Minister so little work to do on that side. They can carry on as they are.

Organisationally I think it could be done.

So it would be down to Remain to mobilise and then actually run a proper campaign this time. I doubt they'd turn down the opportunity, put it that way.

Or indeed with you what we do, so fuck off.

'Scuse me I have property, pensions and other interests in the UK in addition to the R.O.I. so Brexit affects me in more ways than you are aware of. Besides I get to vote and have a UK passport and am still a British citizen so am allowed a say. Ta.

To lighten the mood a little bit: Think a "came to watch a wolves match" will be taken as a valid reason for a visa?

Back