• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

I'm actually embarrassed that I was genuinely excited about what Corbyn could do for the country. I thought he was a good, principled man and a breath of fresh air. Turns out he's every bit as damaging to this country as fucking Farage. If not more, given he's got genuine influence. What a stupid, stupid man.

I hope revocation as the only way to get a longer delay. I think t-bag will be gone very VERY soon without a referendum as I reckon Grieve will take her down.

Pad you've been saying this for over a year :icon_lol:

I hope revocation as the only way to get a longer delay. I think t-bag will be gone very VERY soon without a referendum as I reckon Grieve will take her down.

Like someone said a few pages ago, not so sure. You could have nukes dropping in London and may would be left trying to preach her deal in the middle of a radioactive nuclear winter

You never know, there might be some grand master plan :)

Kasparov, Spassky, Fischer and Carlsen have all looked at the board. They kibbutzed on it. And their view was that T-Bag should resign.

(I know Fischer is dead...but hey I had to pick another REALLY famous and good GM)

Yeah Paddy, she's going nowhere for the foreseeable. She must be reading Thatchers diaries or something

So what now? No deal? No confidence?

Guys, I have two couches and a mattress. You can camp here for a couple nights like refugees.

No deal or May’s deal, I guess.

I’m really not sure what to make of it all to be honest. I would much rather we stay in the EU, but equally I’m not as bothered if we leave as most are on this forum.

There will be some very big issues, but there will also be positives that come from it.

The biggest issue for me was always immigration, but it looks like that will be slightly less of an issues as it appears that more people are entering the country from non EU countries. Also, I think once it’s settled down and EU residents understand the new process then I think we’ll see more EU citizens come back to the UK.

Uncertainty is certainly harming the country, so something needs sorting one way or the other.

I also have a fear that inflation will be an issue, which in turn will mean the poor will get poorer.

One thing I think people need to accept is that we are leaving and people need to make the best of it they can.

I'm actually embarrassed that I was genuinely excited about what Corbyn could do for the country. I thought he was a good, principled man and a breath of fresh air. Turns out he's every bit as damaging to this country as fucking Farage. If not more, given he's got genuine influence. What a stupid, stupid man.

Like many, Brexit has destroyed him. Had we not been going through this and with his policies he’d be 12 months away from being Prime Minister.

Reading politics on this forum for too many years, most of this forum would’ve been voting form if Brexit hadn’t been around.

One thing I think people need to accept is that we are leaving and people need to make the best of it they can.

Why though when there are alternatives and this is clearly a bad idea in at least the short term?

If I say "I'm going to run as fast as I can in a straight line for 100 yards that way" and then halfway through I spot there's a low wall 20 yards from the proposed finish, should I a) stop b) jump over it c) run straight into it, say "well, I said I was going to run that far and I can't go back on that" and then make the best of my broken legs, which will heal eventually but will bloody hurt for a while and stop me from doing anything?

No deal or May’s deal, I guess.

I’m really not sure what to make of it all to be honest. I would much rather we stay in the EU, but equally I’m not as bothered if we leave as most are on this forum.

There will be some very big issues, but there will also be positives that come from it.

The biggest issue for me was always immigration, but it looks like that will be slightly less of an issues as it appears that more people are entering the country from non EU countries. Also, I think once it’s settled down and EU residents understand the new process then I think we’ll see more EU citizens come back to the UK.

Uncertainty is certainly harming the country, so something needs sorting one way or the other.

I also have a fear that inflation will be an issue, which in turn will mean the poor will get poorer.

Problem is, those in charge inspire zero confidence in doing anything when the no deal comes. We will be left with more in party fighting and a PM with zero control.....who will then calls a GE and wins it and the cycle starts again.

I think the Kyle-Wilson amendment will pass. The EU will then say the extension is OK and May resigns with immediate effect.

I think the Kyle-Wilson amendment will pass. The EU will then say the extension is OK and May resigns with immediate effect.

The thing with that scenario is that if May isn't around, no-one is going to pick up the slack of defending her deal. So what are we voting on?

I think the Kyle-Wilson amendment will pass.

What is that amendment? (if it doesn't include the words May must resign, then that won't happen. She will still be our PM when she dies and her ashes move into Number 10)

Why though when there are alternatives and this is clearly a bad idea in at least the short term?

If I say "I'm going to run as fast as I can in a straight line for 100 yards that way" and then halfway through I spot there's a low wall 20 yards from the proposed finish, should I a) stop b) jump over it c) run straight into it, say "well, I said I was going to run that far and I can't go back on that" and then make the best of my broken legs, which will heal eventually but will bloody hurt for a while and stop me from doing anything?

Because it’s going to happen regardless of whether you, Paddy or the rest of the forum accept it or not.

Surely, it’s healthier to accept the inevitable rather than get angry over something you can’t control or change.

What is that amendment? (if it doesn't include the words May must resign, then that won't happen. She will still be our PM when she dies and her ashes move into Number 10)

You can have your deal through the Commons, but it is subject to approval by a referendum (which is presumably Remain vs Deal)

If she ever does resign (I can’t see it) who would be the actual alternatives? As much as I want rid of her I do worry about that ever so slightly...

Surely, it’s healthier to accept the inevitable rather than get angry over something you can’t control or change.

The obviousreaction to something you can see is bad is to get angry though. All a forum is doing is letting people get this off their chest.

Because it’s going to happen regardless of whether you, Paddy or the rest of the forum accept it or not.

I'm far beyond anger (other than being angry at individuals who are behaving in a borderline treasonous manner).

I don't accept it as an inevitability, why should it be? While there's a 1% chance of stopping this nonsense then I'll argue for it.

It will not happen.

At least I hope not. And frankly expecting me to be happy and bend over for the likes of Farage to fuck me up the arse is unlikely. I would rather do time for aggresively agitating against the idea.

Back