• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

ResolutionFoundation

@resfoundation
The Chancellor didn't announce any big new tax and benefit changes for the coming financial year in his #SpringStatement. But changes are coming anyway, which will take £100 from the poorest fifth of households and give £280 to those in the top 10 per cent

Is the government giving the top 10% money?

Or is that hyperbolic nonsense by a left wing think Tank?

Abbott is singularly the worst politician I have ever heard. She is Grayling levels of stupid so I could never go down that road while she has an opportunity of office.

This probably a comment for a different thread as it is nothing to do with Brexit and I'm not having a go at you here Cyber but the portrayal of Diane Abott does frustrate me. I know she doesn't always help herself but you can't help but think that if she was male and white she would get treated rather differently.

This says it better than me:
https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2017/06/07/we-need-to-talk-about-diane-abbott-now-explicit-content/

This probably a comment for a different thread as it is nothing to do with Brexit and I'm not having a go at you here Cyber but the portrayal of Diane Abott does frustrate me. I know she doesn't always help herself but you can't help but think that if she was male and white she would get treated rather differently.

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2017/06/07/we-need-to-talk-about-diane-abbott-now-explicit-content/
Exactly this. If she were as stupid as people suggest she is, there is no way she would have been able to get where she is.

A black women her age would have had to work ten times as hard as a privileged white man such as Grayling.

Haven't the government declared an end to austerity?

As for separating Labour constituencies from Labour voters, is the commenter suggesting those true working class Leave voters who vote Labour aren't worth as much as those that voted remain?

Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

The cult of Corbyn continues unabated. Still 10 points down in the polls to the worst government in 40 years.

I took it more that Labour leave voters were not the *only* voices that should be considered and that Labour shouldn't be afraid of doing what is manifestly in the national interest.

I do hope your "cult of Corbyn" nonsense isn't directed at me.

Slightly off topic, but Durham on TalkSport is trying to start a debate on Albion sacking Darren Moore based on unconscious racial bias. I'm not sure I agree with him given there were plenty of reasons based on football for him to get the sack, but in the case of Diane Abbott this is undoubtedly the case along with old school racism.

Hmmmm

talk has started of using the Vienna convention as a way to get out of the back stop. That will end well.

You think the cult of Corbyn is nonsense?

He would be as bad a disaster as Brexit.

I don't think it has anything to do with what I posted, which was clearly remain-leaning. Corbyn's hardly a rabid remainer, as Cyber describes them.

Hence my comparison with Grayling- male, white , stupid. No colour and gender matter not a jot if you are incompetent/stupid/ineffective. Diane Abbot has made as many gaffes as Boris Johnson. And it doesnt help when a number of her gaffes are made about " white people" or "west indian mothers care more" which show a lack of self awareness and highlight double standards.

"West Indian mums will go to the wall for their children."- sends son to private school- hypocrite, but there are plenty more, just like there are plenty for white male johnson and white male Grayling. race/gender has buggerall to do with it.

Paul Ince doesnt get a job its because he is a crap manager, with a crap record not because he is black. Dean Saunders is a crap manager with a crap record and doesnt get a managers job not because he is welsh its because he is crap with a crap record. To me Abbott, Johnson and Grayling are all over promoted and very lucky to have risen to the levels they have given their levels of incompetance/inability/ gaffes.

The state of this shit, wankers talking to wankers. Both saying nothing.
0c53d6e3aaf1ced047ce3a1083c3ded2.jpg

That proves the Eu is fantastic value for money and the benefits clearly outweigh any costs.

If you think taking back control (whatever that is) is worth giving all that up then you're mad.

As I have always said it was never about money for me.

Back