• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Backtracking all round this morning. It's gonna pass, I tell ya. :icon_sad:

Backtracking all round this morning. It's gonna pass, I tell ya. :icon_sad:

I'm concerned it will. I think the ERG and the DUP will both come out last minute and back it, passing by a few votes.

I'm concerned it will. I think the ERG and the DUP will both come out last minute and back it, passing by a few votes.

I'm not so sure. The ERG will abstain at best and there are too many Tory rebels like Grieve for the vote to pass. It'll be a lot closer than it should be.

I think May has to resign tomorrow if she loses. Although the Times political editor referred to her as the Japanese Knotweed of PM's, so maybe not.

Shall presume this goes in here as a direct reason behind it but it seems I have popped in my Time Machine and I am seeing news like this - The IRA claim responsibility for explosives found in London & Glasgow

The 'IRA' say they sent five devices - but only four were delivered.

Presume they used Hermes, so the 5th is probably sat in someones wheelie bin

Cox has said nothing has changed.
d11b778c8a25af45031d004a0f8fc2d0.jpg

Hopefully not. I want the vote, I want her to lose hideously and finally have the good grace to fucking resign.

No, they are trying to spin it differently. In another paragraph he says it reduces the risk of being indefinitely and involuntarily held, so they are focusing on this.

Sources close to the DUP say they cannot support it in light of Cox advice.

ERG have been waiting for DUP opinion before they decide so will now be against.

The result is going to be identical.

JRM is rinsing Barclay in the select committee. They aren't voting for it.

Nick Boles MP

@NickBoles
As Brexiteers tuck into their porridge this morning, they have a very difficult decision to make. I hope they wont mind some frank advice from one who is a colleague to all and a friend to some. Do yourselves a favour. Take the win. Vote for the deal.

Nick Boles MP

@NickBoles
Replying to @NickBoles
If you don’t, people like me will conclude that you will never be satisfied, that you aren’t open to compromise, that you are hellbent on forcing the UK to crash out of the EU without a deal.

Nick Boles MP

@NickBoles
Replying to @NickBoles
We will then do whatever it takes to frustrate you. We will vote to stop no-deal Brexit on 29th March. We will vote to extend Article 50 for a few months. And we will then work with opposition parties to build a majority for a softer Brexit deal.

Nick Boles MP

@NickBoles
Replying to @NickBoles
We are just as committed to our cause as you are to yours. We have learned to ignore the whips and shrug off deselection threats. And one last thing: with our friends on the opposition benches there are many more of us than you.

Hmmmm

Rumblings about meaningful vote 3 if the defeat tonight is reduced to a manageable scale.

Fucking unbelievable. More sequels than Friday 13th.

The ERG "Star Chamber" no less. Just when you thought they couldn't be a bigger bunch of wankers...

Her voice has gone again. She's just an embarrassment even when it's not her fault

As soon as she stands up the DUP announce they are voting against and not abstaining.

Her deal is toast. She is toast. GE as soon as constitutionally allowable I reckon

Back