• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Yeah, I know.

It's not you or I that need telling, it's the disaster capitalists of the ERG and the people they're indoctrinating that do.

Concerning how big the queues are though. Gives you an idea what it could be like over here (And there) if something isn’t sorted.

Well we did have a practice recently (though given that it was organised by Chris Grayling not sure it was that effective an indication)

The one with 88 vehicles?

Yes - & not on the Motorway where they would be in real life, but on a disused airfield I think.

Basically just created a lorry park well away from everyone else & gave money to lorry drivers to do nothing for the day

Grayling giving money away? Surely not

IF something isn’t sorted.

Easiest thing is to sort it by binning the whole fucking idea.

I still find it somewhat incongruous that we cannot revisit a referendum decided by a gnat's hair, but she can keep fighting on for a deal defeated by the biggest parliamentary margin in British political history. Seems fair.

There are rumours that the meaningful vote planned for tomorrow is going to be pulled because the government is facing another huge defeat. Who would have thought that the vote pulled in December, held in January with a record defeat and then about to be put back to the house with almost the same deal would fail?

More worrying still is this quote from the Times.

They have advised her to halt the vote and replace it with a motion setting out the kind of Brexit deal that would be acceptable to Tory MPs to keep the party together and put pressure on Brussels.

This isn't about the Labour Party, the Conservatives or Uncle Tom Cobley and all it is about the future of the country. When will the penny finally drop that to reach a point where the house can get a majority will require a cross Party consensus. I'd ask for her to be removed right now but who may replace her is a more terrifying thought.

The bullshit these fuckers come out with

D1XkscnWsAAqrMH.jpg:large

They know its bullshit but people will blindly believe it and that is all they need. I doubt the majority of people who retweeted or liked that even read the link and even less fact checking it but this morning across factores/offices etc people will be saying it as fact.

She's deleted the tweet but still tried to justify it. No apology for lying either.

I posted on here about a month ago that I had a ‘discussion’ with a couple of chaps that it was bullshit.

Their basic argument was that we have to leave now and if we want to go back in we need to reapply and it will be on EU’s terms meaning they can insist on us taking the euro.

There are rumours that the meaningful vote planned for tomorrow is going to be pulled because the government is facing another huge defeat. Who would have thought that the vote pulled in December, held in January with a record defeat and then about to be put back to the house with almost the same deal would fail?

More worrying still is this quote from the Times.

They have advised her to halt the vote and replace it with a motion setting out the kind of Brexit deal that would be acceptable to Tory MPs to keep the party together and put pressure on Brussels.

This isn't about the Labour Party, the Conservatives or Uncle Tom Cobley and all it is about the future of the country. When will the penny finally drop that to reach a point where the house can get a majority will require a cross Party consensus. I'd ask for her to be removed right now but who may replace her is a more terrifying thought.

Kevin Schofield
‏Verified account @PolhomeEditor
BREAKING: Downing Street says Meaningful Vote on the Brexit deal WILL go ahead tomorrow evening, but we’ll have to wait until tonight to see the motion MPs will actually be voting on. Sounds like the devil will be in the detail.

PM has secured "legally binding" changes to Brexit deal, says Cabinet Office minister day ahead of MPs' vote

Already shivvering with excitement at what these changes are

"Best endeavours" apparently. It means absolutely fuck all.

I can tell you I'll try my very best to earn £1m in the next week. You know I won't do it, I know I won't do it, it won't happen and it is meaningless.

What a crock of shit . And well played Jean-Claude. Once again that man doesnt know when to keep his fucking gob shut.

In politics sometimes you get a second chance. It is what you do with this second chance that counts – because there will be no third chance

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker

“There will be no further interpretation of the interpretations, and no further reassurances on the reassurances if the meaningful vote fails tomorrow.”

giphy.gif

So vote for this shit deal you horrible little island is basically what he is threatening. Well guess what ........

Back