• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Just wanted to re-post this, as it's relevant to the current discussion. It was the email that came from our People Mobilisation team that organises our travel, so take it as gospel as these guys know what they are talking about.

For those of us with UK passports, travel between Ireland and the UK is fine, but anywhere else in the EU will require a visa which has a 2-3 month processing time.
Brilliant.

So 2-3 months in advance, British people will need to apply for visa's to cross the Channel and god help you if you make a mistake on the application...

We have tried that argument for two years. It is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Yeah, thats still just speculation. A system like that wont last a fortnight. There will be uproar. I am just not having it. Sorry but this one does fit in the " heres 10p phone me when it happens "category as it will effect millions of EU travelers to here too. Then they will fly back utterly pissed off with the EU or their country or the UK or all three and demand something is done about it and fucking quick. And guess what, something will be done then and quick. Nope, this one isnt flying for me no pun intended.

Quid Pro Quo

There were 39.2 million inbound visits to the UK in 2017, 4% more than in 2016. London was the most popular destination in the UK, attracting 51% of all visits. There were 72.8 million outbound visits from the UK, an increase of 3% on 2016.

It's wing and a prayer stuff. I'm sure eventually there will be an agreement, but it won't be on March 29th. And given the demonstrable incompetence and inefficiency of British government I can't imagine anything will be in place quickly after that.

Yeah, thats still just speculation. A system like that wont last a fortnight. There will be uproar. I am just not having it. Sorry but this one does fit in the " heres 10p phone me when it happens "category as it will effect millions of EU travelers to here too. Then they will fly back utterly pissed off with the EU or their country or the UK or all three and demand something is done about it and fucking quick. And guess what, something will be done then and quick. Nope, this one isnt flying for me no pun intended.

But there will need to be a legal agreement in place. They're not just going to say, "OK, on you come lads, nothing's changed."

It's wing and a prayer stuff. I'm sure eventually there will be an agreement, but it won't be on March 29th. And given the demonstrable incompetence and inefficiency of British government I can't imagine anything will be in place quickly after that.

We are looking at two sides of the same coin. Its a problem if we leave on 29th March. Still not convinced that is happening.

Postponed or never happening?

either actually.

I have been convinced of a postpone for a while now ( or an extension) and then after about 2 years another vreferendum with a revised deal or remain vote and remain win.

Seems to be a general view that she's ground Parliament down and they'll vote for her deal with a backstop tweak to get it over with

Seems to be a general view that she's ground Parliament down and they'll vote for her deal with a backstop tweak to get it over with

Not so sure. Her deal is a shiot deal. It will just be a shit deal with an Ireland compromise. It wont change. I cant see labour backing it. I cant see TiG backing it. That deal has to be toast. Its a shocker.

I put up a link earlier in the thread of the visa requirements for non-EU visitors to the EU. Unless they have a specific agreement on visas, the standard is a three month process. Just because you see them at airports in the other queue, doesn't mean they haven't had massive ballache getting their visas. And if we leave with no deal, we will be in the same position as those countries with no visa agreements so there will be a three-month visa application process to go through.
There *might* be some special arrangement made for us, but what in the EU's stance so far has convinced you that they want to give us special treatment after we leave.

If I remember correctly, we used to just fill in a form whilst on the plane.

May threatens that Brexit may not happen if MP's reject her deal again.

The little tease...

French customs in the ports of Calais and Dunkirk have been working to rule in protest against French unpreparedness for Brexit and poor working conditions for four days now.

French customs say they need more staff to cope with Brexit-related red tape and deserve a pay increase.

Since the protests started thousands of lorries have been stuck in a jam between the Belgian border and the French Channel ports.

This was the scene this morning on the A16 between Dunkirk and Calais. Road haulage not moving at all.

Video via Chris Yarsley, Policy Manager - Brexit at FTA

#Brexit #Calais #FTABrexitHub

The queue in the video is huge.

French customs in the ports of Calais and Dunkirk have been working to rule in protest against French unpreparedness for Brexit and poor working conditions for four days now.

French customs say they need more staff to cope with Brexit-related red tape and deserve a pay increase.

Since the protests started thousands of lorries have been stuck in a jam between the Belgian border and the French Channel ports.

This was the scene this morning on the A16 between Dunkirk and Calais. Road haulage not moving at all.

Video via Chris Yarsley, Policy Manager - Brexit at FTA

#Brexit #Calais #FTABrexitHub

The queue in the video is huge.

That seemed to be more about French Unions flexing their muscles in a local dispute rather than anything to do with Brexit (though they are quite capable of doing that at any time, Brexit or not)

Concerning how big the queues are though. Gives you an idea what it could be like over here (And there) if something isn’t sorted.

Almost as if this might have been mentioned at some point over the last three years.

Back