• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

According to Peston, May will offer a binding vote to take No Deal Brexit off the table if her deal isn’t approved. Sounds like it’s going to get extended.

Another can kick, but a start. That move would really, REALLY piss off the ERG. Which is of course, a good thing. Hopefully the xenophobic Cunts end up politically friendless.

Another 3 conservative remain supporting ministers have given the pm an ultimatum tonight regarding ruling out no deal. Reported by news night as being in tomorrow's Daily Mail.

Another can kick, but a start. That move would really, REALLY piss off the ERG. Which is of course, a good thing. Hopefully the xenophobic Cunts end up politically friendless.

Hopefully they end up sleeping on a train station having water poured over them by staff.

Desperation by the front page of the Express this morning. Reminding us that we all had a say in 2016 and that that should be it. Hopefully they are seeing their little Englander dream falling apart.

There you go. A vote on No Deal on 13 March, followed by a vote on an extension if No Deal is voted down. But this would be a limited extension and wouldn't take No Deal off the table. Hmmmmmmmm.

It's not up to us to say how long the extension would be.

Aye. But T-Bag isn't letting that spoil a good soundbite to try and keep the ERG in line. She keeps saying the only way to take No Deal off the table is to vote for her deal. Errr - Revocation does that.

I also note that the DUP are anti- any extension as well. Relying on that shower to get stuff through is proving rather problematic. Probably as they would mind a hard border in Ireland, what with being a Unionist party and all that.

There you go. A vote on No Deal on 13 March, followed by a vote on an extension if No Deal is voted down. But this would be a limited extension and wouldn't take No Deal off the table. Hmmmmmmmm.

It's not up to us to say how long the extension would be.

Its Labours fault that a deal hasn't been done yet for not backing her deal.

Keep hearing rumour today about govt maybe springing Meaningful Vote on MP s next week, inc a govt minister who is sure it's on... more on #brexitcast later on after votes tonight

Thus spake Laura Kuennsberg

So delay delay delay SURPRISE ITS VOTE TIME (preferably at some point when half the opposition aren't about I guess)

What the actual fuckity fuck?

Taking back control.....?

Net migration to the UK from countries outside the European Union has hit its highest level for 15 years, the Office for National Statistics says.

Figures show 261,000 more non-EU citizens came to the UK than left in the year ending September 2018 - the highest since 2004.

Yep, basically Brexit won't reduce immigration. It just means we will have more migrants from other parts of the world instead while being worse off in pretty much every way.

If only we could have predicted that beforehand...

According to Anna Soubry, Lisa Nandy and Wes Streeting on Peston last night, cross bench talks were held in 2016 to see if a consensus could be reached on what type of Brexit deal would pass through the house with a majority. Soubry stated that by the end of 2016 a cross party deal that would pass through the house was agreed. She didn't state what type of deal it was (Norway, Canada, Customs Union etc etc) however she did state that it was presented to the PM.

Why we are over 2 years down the road without a deal being in place can only be down to the red lines of Cruella and her wish to keep the Conservative Party together.

Some of the Red Lines she put down have seriously impeded any possible deal (& I was an out voter) - freedom of movement was never the real issue for this country (even if it was for some & certain elements of the Tory party) - witness today's regarding EU/non EU immigration numbers (& anyway we needed the people as even with the influx our unemployment rate is still below most of the rest of the EU).

We had opportunities to initially limit to numbers coming in when they expanded the EU out to the east, but the Government of the day (Blair) decided not to - this has had a significant effect on the votes in parts of the UK.

Haven't changed my opinion on the way I would vote, but the clusterfuck all have made of the situation since is incredible - still as some pundits have said the older voters will die off soon so probably I won't trouble anyone for too much longer!

All about the Kyle -Wilson amendment now. If it passes it would see May's deal v Remain in a referendum.

Back