• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Not really. If they pass a vote on it through the commons then 50 HAS to be revoked to allow the referendum to take place

Equally, I would prefer that they had made immediate abandonment of the Brexit process their policy, but this is a start, and infinitely better than the douchebag in number 10 is doing with her pathetic PATHETIC "it could be no deal" bluffing.

I am pig fucking sick of policy being unduly influenced by thundercunts like the ERG. Anything is better than that.

About fucking time

Labour backed a second referendum last year, today’s “announcement” is no different to what we already knew. A second referendum was conditional on there being no deal and/or no general election. Today’s news is just politics, nothing new.

Labour backed a second referendum last year, today’s “announcement” is no different to what we already knew. A second referendum was conditional on there being no deal and/or no general election. Today’s news is just politics, nothing new.

I can't remember Corbyn saying that. In fact I can't remember him saying anything that wasn't a non-commital to anything other than a GE.

I can't remember Corbyn saying that. In fact I can't remember him saying anything that wasn't a non-commital to anything other than a GE.

I can’t remember mentioning Corbyn, it is Labour Party Policy and has been for months. Here is what Corbyn had to say a few weeks ago;

“If Parliament is deadlocked, then the best outcome would be a general election. Without it, we will keep all options on the table, as agreed in our party conference motion, including the option of a public vote.“

Which is pretty much exactly what he has said today.

I don't want a second ref. Just cancel the shitshow, please. And put someone normal in charge, blue or red. I don't ask much.

I can’t remember mentioning Corbyn, it is Labour Party Policy and has been for months. Here is what Corbyn had to say a few weeks ago;

“If Parliament is deadlocked, then the best outcome would be a general election. Without it, we will keep all options on the table, as agreed in our party conference motion, including the option of a public vote.“

Which is pretty much exactly what he has said today.

That's not backing a second referendum at all.

The quote on channel 4 news made me laugh, 'Corbyn looked like he was a hostage reading a statement'. Which is a description given by a Labour MP at the meeting.

I have no idea why he doesn't admit to being a leaver, it's not like the rest of Britain don't know he is.

That's not backing a second referendum at all.

The quote on channel 4 news made me laugh, 'Corbyn looked like he was a hostage reading a statement'. Which is a description given by a Labour MP at the meeting.

I have no idea why he doesn't admit to being a leaver, it's not like the rest of Britain don't know he is.

And you call me biased!

This policy was agreed at conference in September and Labour are simply following through on it. It is already (hilariously) being spun as Corbyn being forced into it by TIG or backbenchers.

He's employing it with the least conviction ever and when it's miles too late.

I think you may find a referendum vote getting forced through the Commons pretty damn soon.

Unfortunately I don't think that there is a majority in the house for it. The ERG are more likely to back TBags deal than have the prospect of her deal or no brexit.

Makes you wonder though. If their idea of utopia is so attractive, why not let people vote for it...

I don't want a second ref. Just cancel the shitshow, please. And put someone normal in charge, blue or red. I don't ask much.

Very much this.

However, a 2nd vote is better than May' s deal. The only problem is what would be the options on a 2nd vote, and even then who's to say leave wouldn't win again?

Personally I don't think there'll be a 2nd referendum. Not enough MPs will vote for it. Too much self interest at stake.

Unfortunately I don't think that there is a majority in the house for it. The ERG are more likely to back TBags deal than have the prospect of her deal or no brexit.

Agreed there's probably no majority for a second referendum as it would need the Tory rebels to actually rebel. Some Labour will vote against too.

Agreed there's probably no majority for a second referendum as it would need the Tory rebels to actually rebel. Some Labour will vote against too.

No majority yet... whether that will be the case if there is no deal is another matter. The reason why nobody has made a serious run at a parliamentary vote for a second referendum is because it would have been defeated. Everybody knows Corbyn doesn’t want a second referendum but it isn’t his choice and whether he announces his intention with fireworks and party poppers or a face like he’s been hit by a duck won’t make any difference to the parliamentary arithmetic.

What would be really game changing is the position the Labour Party took if there was a second referendum, something Corbyn would have very little influence over given it would be a membership decision.

Back