• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading 2 - Wolves 1 - the why do I bother verdict thread

Where's he going for the first goal as well, the original shot is going well wide. He may not have saved it anyway but he gave himself no chance at all by committing himself to a shot going yards wide

The deflection seemed to be a good bit out so was a little surprised that it only brought him back to vertical rather than a superhuman (Stearman like) dive in the opposite direction.
(Got a free SKY app on my phone and saw very brief highlights. About 2.4 mins worth)
And the 2nd goal went to his left in the narrow angle side of him and whilst it was a good header, there was no anticipation from him so he was static for that too.
Team are playing shite = Ikeme is certainly gonna play shite.

We swapped places with Yeovil last time out.... So it really is scary.

It's freighting times if we didn't have the scars of the 12/13 season I'd be more confident of getting out this mess.
My gut feeling is we'll still need something against PNE on the last day to stay up.
If we stay up it should hopefully be wake up call to those at the club that we oversubscribed with shite players.

We swapped places with Yeovil last time out.... So it really is scary.

And look at where they are now - just survived Lg 2 last year & not doing that well this time around (& living down here know a number who are ST holders there)

Do I want to go back there - Fecking hell I don't.

Once was a bit of fun as a big fish in a puddle, but really don't want to experience it again.

Think we have just about enough to get away with it this time, but some serious thinking/action needed in the close season.

What was Williamson's performance like? Was he the commanding authoritarian figure we hoped he'd be?
Where his 2 booking for fouls that were down to slightly off timing due to lack of match practice or were they just stupidly poor tackles?
Didn't see any mention of Saville's performance anywhere....

Just got back. We definitely deserved at least a point from that game, something confirmed to me by several home supporters on the trek back to the car park.
Generally a good performance, and a team that looked better balanced than in some of the horror shows recently.
Good backing from the visiting end.
Poor second goal to concede. Their guy looked to be virtually unchallenged.
If we can replicate the effort, especially the second half showing, then we have a realistic hope of staying in this division, but obviously we cannot keep on losing games. Still think we will have too much for Rotherham, Blackburn, and Bristol City. Will it be enough?

According to Wolves Twitter, Saville had a powerful shot saved.

Apparently, Williamsons second yellow was harsh.

Reading were poor today, we had a chance to do them over but started slow and didnt really get going until they scored a early second half goal after that it was all pretty much wolves for 20/30 mins until he took off the person who was creating chances (Dicko) off and put Andi on (for no reason) after that we gave reading the game.

Yes it wasnt even a freekick for there goal (all saville did was header the ball out for a throw in and he gives a freekick - laughable) but the defending of that freekick was shocking, 3 wolves players in the centre marking each other, with 2 reading players going for the ball, utter shit.

Also why bring Dadi on for 2 mins ? (Lambert wasting time when we are losing 2 - 1 with 2 mins to go - fucking stupid)

We played better but we mostly do away from home soo thats probably a given but still not good enough.

P.S if that ref was fair all game they would have been down to 10 men too, he didnt book any of there players for 89 mins when they kept fouling, Williamson gets booked for standing his ground ? and then gets sent off for a simple collision this decision is beyond me and is pathetic.....

Rant over on to Ipswich.

22/04/17 Blackburn at home could be humongous game.

Thanks for the report, appreciate a few calm words while panic seems to be setting in.

What panic? Wolves are again sleepwalking to league one, and people are just raising concerns. Entirely understandable in my opinion.

It's always $#@!ing Blackburn isn't it?

Yep and we usually fuck it up. Can fully understand the panic on here I think it's more a case of disbelief if anything considering our position after we beat Barnsley.

Lambert will not be at Wolves even if we stay up this season. He's proved he's not a capable manager for such a big club, akin to his days at Villa.

Nothing wrong with stats-based analysis if it's targeted properly. If someone had bothered to look at what percentage of goals we concede from Doherty's side when he plays (frequently from a cross that he gets nowhere near stopping), or how often we lose possession directly after Batth has it, or Edwards' total number of passes in a game, or how many out and out errors Ikeme makes, we might not be in this mess.

I agree with you on the stats and I think we agree context is the key. The poin I was trying to make is that whatever Wolves are going with stats it isn't working

The team selection was odd. Some changes worked some didn't. You can't complain about options when you didn't do meaningful business in a transfer window and before anyone craps on about inflated prices who fucking cares? We are supposed to be one of the wealthiest clubs in the uk now. Disgusted by the home form. Ashamed by some of the defeats. Wigan have only won 7 games all season and 2 were against us. We need about 4 or 5 wins and a couple or 3 draws to have a shout.

The team selection was an improvement on previous weeks - the defence was what I'd have chosen (except left back), saiss was in at last and dicko was up top - I wouldn't have had coady in (but the commentary seemed to say he had a decent game) or Edwards, but hopefully lambert will make those changes too and then stick with his best side for the rest of the season.

and before anyone craps on about inflated prices who fucking cares?

giphy.gif

bf7323b8409207f49572dc6f2ff18fdc.gif

tumblr_m4v5ny27QA1r0j8as.gif

Positives to be taken forward in the remaining games Mike Williamson gives us key organisational qualities while Romain Saiss brings further composure to the defensive part of our game plus a base from which to Build.
The return of Ivan Cavaleiro should give us better balance in more forward positions to enable the small margins to start falling in our favour. We aren't getting battered we just need the run of the ball to turn our way.

Id like to see Bright given the number 10 role and Edwards shunted off to the knackers yard as well..

Back