• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading 2 - Wolves 1 - the why do I bother verdict thread

By the way we weren't so long ball today, pressed Reading high up the pitch and this nullified them as an attacking threat. In the second half despite conceding a shitty goal straight away we really came into the game and started playing a bit. No idea what happened for the goal though think McShane was totally unmarked which is pathetic, wasn't a free kick mind. In isolation it was an encouraging display and a very unfortunate defeat, with the run we've been on it's looking desperate though.

Please play Price or Evans with Saiss on Tuesday, Coady is a total disaster in CM, literally adds nothing.

Just seen the goals, don't understand the lack of a dive from Ikeme on the winner. Poor.

By the way we weren't so long ball today, pressed Reading high up the pitch and this nullified them as an attacking threat. In the second half despite conceding a shitty goal straight away we really came into the game and started playing a bit. No idea what happened for the goal though think McShane was totally unmarked which is pathetic, wasn't a free kick mind. In isolation it was an encouraging display and a very unfortunate defeat, with the run we've been on it's looking desperate though.

Please play Price or Evans with Saiss on Tuesday, Coady is a total disaster in CM, literally adds nothing.

Thanks for the report, appreciate a few calm words while panic seems to be setting in.

Should of, could of, would of in Lambert's post match interview. I'd rather have heard the opinion of the bloke mopping the floor in the background of the interview.

Once Edwards has had his 1 purple patch for the season (& that has happened) then not worth putting him on to start again after that.

I know he was on as Captain, but Williamson could have taken the armband (& was on for most of the match & probably unlucky to get 2 yellows to go off when he did)

More control in midfield might have got us something from that game

According to the BBC we had 14 shots with 5 on target, while they had 6 shots with 3 on target.

That's a good effort. If we can keep that up then we will surely pick up some points.

We need some of those boring 0-0 draws we were moaning about last season.

According to the BBC we had 14 shots with 5 on target, while they had 6 shots with 3 on target.

That's a good effort. If we can keep that up then we will surely pick up some points.

We need some of those boring 0-0 draws we were moaning about last season.
Without seeing the game it's impossible to give context to those stats. On the opposite side they had 55% possession and more accurate passes as both percentage and I totality. Basically I think stats are majorly overblown in the analysis of matches

Im past shouting and bawling now. Im resigned to the fact Wolves are going down, Walsall, Rochdale, Oldham, Bury.. FFS Lambert..

Just seen the goals, don't understand the lack of a dive from Ikeme on the winner. Poor.

Where's he going for the first goal as well, the original shot is going well wide. He may not have saved it anyway but he gave himself no chance at all by committing himself to a shot going yards wide

Without seeing the game it's impossible to give context to those stats. On the opposite side they had 55% possession and more accurate passes as both percentage and I totality. Basically I think stats are majorly overblown in the analysis of matches

So if a stat says you keep a side to just 6 shots while you make 14 yourself, away against a top six side, it doesn't mean anything to you?
OK, fair enough.

So if a stat says you keep a side to just 6 shots while you make 14 yourself, away against a top six side, it doesn't mean anything to you?
OK, fair enough.
No, because you haven't seen the game. Ours could have been 35 yd nothing efforts. Stats mean nothing if you can't put perspective behind them, which neither you and I can. Please leave the passive aggressive shit out you are better than that.

OK, fair enough.

If those 6 shots are in the 6yd box and our 14 are from 30yds and dribble to the 'keeper which shots are more effective. Without context stats are meaningless.

Stats analysis is the type of crap Lambert has been spouting in his interviews and Thelwell is running the style of play by (my pet theory). Doing well aren't they....

No, because you haven't seen the game. Ours could have been 35 yd nothing efforts. Stats mean nothing if you can't put perspective behind them, which neither you and I can. Please leave the passive aggressive $#@! out you are better than that.

What?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I feel it shows an improvement. An assumption, I know, but no aggression intended, Tony.
I haven't seen the match so rely on other's report on the match along with the stats..

This result has me really worried now play well but still lose. Cannot believe we're in this situation again honestly thought our season in league 1 in 13/14 would be our last for a long.
If we come below a car crash club like Blackburn we deserve to go down.
We have the worse combo always prone to conceding and don't look like scoring many.
Last clean sheet was against Villa back in mid January.
Worse thing is I don't think PL has clue on his best side.
If we get nothing Tuesday then the pressure on next saturdays game will be huge.
We could be in a lower division than Fleetwood next season.

If those 6 shots are in the 6yd box and our 14 are from 30yds and dribble to the 'keeper which shots are more effective. Without context stats are meaningless.

Stats analysis is the type of crap Lambert has been spouting in his interviews and Thelwell is running the style of play by (my pet theory). Doing well aren't they....

Nothing wrong with stats-based analysis if it's targeted properly. If someone had bothered to look at what percentage of goals we concede from Doherty's side when he plays (frequently from a cross that he gets nowhere near stopping), or how often we lose possession directly after Batth has it, or Edwards' total number of passes in a game, or how many out and out errors Ikeme makes, we might not be in this mess.

What?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I feel it shows an improvement. An assumption, I know, but no aggression intended, Tony.
I haven't seen the match so rely on other's report on the match along with the stats..
Which Pompey's match report appears to back up. A performance to build on in what will be a crucial week.

Back