• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading 2 - Wolves 1 - the why do I bother verdict thread

Yeah we badly need Cav back - that should boost the side and give us another badly needed attacking option.

Was just about to post that, plus if you have a midfield 3 at least one needs to be able run forward with the ball.

I'm not even convinced Cav would make it back into the side as he'll need to be able to not only show he's 'match fit' to lambert but also that he can displace Marshall and Weimann who lambert probably has ahead of him in the pecking order.

Yeah we badly need Cav back - that should boost the side and give us another badly needed attacking option.

What happens if Costa gets injured? Doesn't bear thinking about

I think what's hurts the most is the volume of evidence against Coady and Edwards working together in midfield. It doesn't work and never will.

Mediocrity sums up this squad of players, especially the "championship experienced" bunch. We genuinely only have 1 good player in Costa (though I have hopes of Cavaleiro). All of the rest could be replaced with the U23 squad with no detriment to how we perform.

I'm also sick of the rubbish long ball tactic PL has implemented, it was ok when he came in and we needed some quick stability, it's also ok for an away game. It's just dreadful at home.

That's what happened to Sako last time. And many people (who bizarrely didn't rate him) thought it would make us a better 'team'.

If he gets injured we are truly fucked.

If we go down to L1, the implications are huge. Fosun will probably sell up, no parachute payments, decline in season ticket sales and attendance....

Today Lambert tried a not lose formation a bit like his first game at Preston, we lost. Won't destroy it as I didn't see the game, but don't have an issue with the defence, the front 3 - be it Marshall and Costa should have been on opposite sides, but Edwards at 10...again

Let me ask a simple question, which I'm sure someone has the answer to: how many assists does Edwards - seemingly our first choice #10 - have this season?

Fosun won't sell up, unless our idiot fringe create bad PR for them.

Just got in after a phone free afternoon from the football. Am I surprised...no. Roll on Tuesday for another night of disappointment.

Fosun won't sell up, unless our idiot fringe create bad PR for them.

I don't think they will either. But I imagine the cull at the club would be fairly merciless should the worst happen and we do go down. Just means they won't throw money at the project til we're back up in the Championship.

It's a horrible thought, that's for sure.

We played pretty well, dominated the second half but so wasteful. Reading were poor. Williamson and Saiss made a big difference, real pain Williamson will be suspended for Tuesday. Hause and Iorfa were both good, both have to start for the rest of the season. Marshall did ok on the left. Fucking gutted.

We played pretty well, dominated the second half but so wasteful. Reading were poor. Williamson and Saiss made a big difference, real pain Williamson will be suspended for Tuesday. Hause and Iorfa were both good, both have to start for the rest of the season. Marshall did ok on the left. Fucking gutted.

I daresay Willo wouldn't make Tuesday anyway.

Let me ask a simple question, which I'm sure someone has the answer to: how many assists does Edwards - seemingly our first choice #10 - have this season?

Bearing in mind how few goals we've scored how many do you think ??

The daft thing is our best run of results (and performances, and goalscoring) came when we had Bright, Mason or Ronan playing there. Returned Edwards back there vs Burton for no reason and well...we've lost every game (accepting that Edwards didn't play there vs Newcastle or Chelsea)

Back