• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR vs Wolves Matchday Thread

Needs a change in mentality more so than personnel, they're going long far too often and early, need to control the game now with an extra man, keep hold of the ball and try to get the wide players involved more instead of just lumping it up the pitch.

Better but it couldn't get any worse. Missing a number 10 massively to link play centrally. Coady despite playing 2 good passes early on and Edwards are so shit and unimaginative on the ball it kills us when they get it in forward areas. Doherty good going forward but nowhere defensively and should have given away a pen imo. Game is there to win now but we need to get a playing in the 10 position and cut out silly errors at the back still.

Oh, and I fucking hate the Championship. Countless goal kicks and free kicks in the team's defending half and I counted just ONE played short in the entire first half. And that was because Saiss demanded it from Ikeme. Shit league.

Well half time and we're not losing plus we've had at least 1 shot on target...2 with Coady? ;)

They're down to 10 men. Give Saiss the ball and let him find a pass. He will. Like what I'm seeing him do, as it is my first proper sighting of him playing.
We're having very small passages of ok stuff but it breaks down too quickly.
Hoping we can take advantage of being against 10 men. It was a deserved 2nd yellow. Sign of how we're clutching at straws, I was celebrating them going down to 10 men.

Definitely. Not saying much I'll grant you. Could be winning.

Coady off, Bright on for me.

I'd take Edwards off for Bright but essentially I think we are both saying that Dicko is completely isolated and our 2 midfield carthorses aren't anywhere near to playing in or making the ground up to Dicko and with QPR down to 10 men we're hardly going to lose anything with Coady and Saiss in there with a creative player.

At least we are playing front foot football and are actually pressing the ball. You can see where our frailties are though and we are desperately in need of a CB, LB and a goal scoring striker would be nice too. Not too much to ask for.....at HT.

We've looked best when saiss, and coady too, have tried to get the ball quickly and early to costa and cav. More of that and I think we'll score.

From the sky half time you wouldn't know we were even playing ...

Much better IMO a few flashes of a decent forward 3 Cav has a beautiful cross in him need to get the ball to him and Costa as often as possible. Defence still shake but better. I wouldn't change anything yet maybe Bright or Bod for Edwards in 20 mins

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Doherty Lucky not to give a penalty but otherwise the midfield has done well and the defence has looked solid. We need a goal early in the second-half that wWay it gives us something to protect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coady has to come off - Bright or Bod depending on formation
How crap are Batth and Stearman? desperately poor, both of them
If this ends 0-0 and Lambert says "it's hard playing against 10 men" I - and a few others on the forum - may well explode

Oh, and I fucking hate the Championship. Countless goal kicks and free kicks in the team's defending half and I counted just ONE played short in the entire first half. And that was because Saiss demanded it from Ikeme. Shit league.
Agreed, I despise this division. No thought to it at all.

Well done every left back we've seen this season for not working out that Costa cuts inside every time.

We've looked best when saiss, and coady too, have tried to get the ball quickly and early to costa and cav. More of that and I think we'll score.

From the sky half time you wouldn't know we were even playing ...

Seemed pretty balanced to me.

Went through red-card, penalty appeal (the 2 big talking points) then QPR's one chance, and then ours

Doherty Lucky not to give a penalty but otherwise the midfield has done well and the defence has looked solid. We need a goal early in the second-half that wWay it gives us something to protect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't agree that the defence has looked solid, Cyber. A decent attack would take them apart

Better but it couldn't get any worse. Missing a number 10 massively to link play centrally. Coady despite playing 2 good passes early on and Edwards are so $#@! and unimaginative on the ball it kills us when they get it in forward areas. Doherty good going forward but nowhere defensively and should have given away a pen imo. Game is there to win now but we need to get a playing in the 10 position and cut out silly errors at the back still.

Agree we are missing a No.10. But Edwards has been our best midfielder that half.

Agree we are missing a No.10. But Edwards has been our best midfielder that half.
Given he's supposed to be playing no 10 and we are missing one, how can he be playing well?

Coady has to come off - Bright or Bod depending on formation
How crap are Batth and Stearman? desperately poor, both of them
If this ends 0-0 and Lambert says "it's hard playing against 10 men" I - and a few others on the forum - may well explode

He will ay exactly that if we draw 0-0 and then point to a second clean sheet on three games. I feel sick.

Can I just mention that one pass that Coady pinged out to Cav? Was a beaut. Shame Cav was offside by a few inches.

Also, hope I'm not jinxing it, but the real Iorfa looks to be back so far, defensively at least.

On the basis of what? He gives the ball away constantly when he gets it and has never got his body in the correct position to go forward. He got on the end of one cross and that's about all he's done.

Back