• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR (H) NYE build up + Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should start with Mason + Bod for this one.

If we're doing well then (i.e. winning comfortably) then we can maybe look to sub off Cav + Costa so they can both be involved in the next game.

I can see Tex getting an opportunity in the next 2 games - it might be his chance

I hope so Andy, I'd like to see Tex in the #10 role. I just can't see it.

I think it will be Mason one game and Bright the other with a fleeting sub appearance from whoever doesn't start. I could see Tex playing WF in one of those games I hope it's Sheff Weds as we need points on the board and QPR is a good chance to get that

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Tex could easily play on the left and Cav in the middle. They can switch around too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Tex come on for Costa or Cav if we are cruising............

Wouldn't be surprised to see Tex come on for Costa or Cav if we are cruising............
More chance of Connor Ronan being given an opportunity, Paul Lambert has him fully involved with the first team.

Happy to see Ronan involved but isn't he more of a ball playing CM?

Although both Ronan and Tex 'could' play on the left in doing so you are removing what has been successful over the last couple of games, which is genuine pace on both flanks.

Yep, even when they aren't playing particularly well, the opposition are still well aware of Costa and Cavaleiro's abilities and we benefit from that.

Can see it being the same team from Bristol City game and then lots of changes potentially at Shef Wed

Tex was by far the star performer on the left wing when we beat Brentford 4-0 at home.

It was 3-1 and he was, but in a different manner to how Cav plays, which complements the overall style we have been playing better.

Tjaronn Chery and Sebastian Polter missed the last game and could be absent again, while Massimo Luongo is nursing a groin problem and faces a late fitness test... and that's on top of caulker and onuha being out.

Really hoping nouha can break his duck in this one!

I have a bad feeling about this game. QPR have injury concerns and their captain suspended. They have lost six on the trot and can't buy a goal. Hopefully I am wrong, but I would not be surprised if they got at least a point. Though I know most people think Wolves will win comfortably.

I have a bad feeling about this game. QPR have injury concerns and their captain suspended. They have lost six on the trot and can't buy a goal. Hopefully I am wrong, but I would not be surprised if they got at least a point. Though I know most people think Wolves will win comfortably.
Football and Wolves always make us fear the worse (welcome to the dark side Franky).

I'm never optimistic on games like this. No reason but if I roll up confident we generally lose.

If we play with no energy or commitment then it is indeed possible

If we play anything like our capability then our front 4 (with added elements of Dangerous) have the ability to score at least 2 or 3 - I would be upset if they manage more than 1

Frank and Kenny you need to be careful you are beginning to sound like me! You will be spouting theories and myths next!

This has all the makings of a wolves banana skin. Its also been a while since we had someone sent off. Hunch klaxon!

after the goalfests both teams have been involved in recently....its got 0-0 written all over it

Looking like a drive up in the fog tomorrow - been like that all day down here (& still is)

We SHOULD win comfortably given each team's recent form. We all know it's never that easy though. Especially with our defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back