• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR (H) NYE build up + Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good passages of play are only relevant if you score during that time - as I said they have scored 4 goals in the last 10 games

Impressive play is only helpful if you score - they don't at the moment

I agree. Though they had a couple of very good chances. They will probably score against us, most teams do, but we should have enough going forward to get the points.

"QPR were good in the first half, with some really good passages of play,"

Not my words, but those of Chris Hughton. And I agree with him.
Mein Kampf is full of well written sentences and eloquent prose. It's the end product that counts.

I agree. Though they had a couple of very good chances. They will probably score against us, most teams do, but we should have enough going forward to get the points.

Hang on. You have spent the best part of five years, including two relegations, religiously saying we were going to win 2 or 3 nil EVERY WEEK. What has caused this road to damascus moment?

The hand accident has changed Frank, the world ahead is just blackness (and not because he is in Lincolnshire)

The hand accident has changed Frank, the world ahead is just blackness (and not because he is in Lincolnshire)
The language he used at the ref last time we were on telly would have made Paddy blush.

Defo a changed man.

Mein Kampf is full of well written sentences and eloquent prose. It's the end product that counts.

All I was trying to say is that QPR played quite well at Brighton. And Brightons defence is far better than ours, but I will leave it there. I was only making a point.

:icon_sad:

Their captain and CB, Onuoha, got sent off against Brighton, so he won't be available, plus their injury list is very long.

They are there for the taking. COYW

We will lose 3-2 #footballmythfeeling

We will lose 3-2 #footballmythfeeling

QPR have bagged a 3-3, a 3-0 and a 3-2 in three of their last four visits here.

I try not to think about that 3-0 too much, on a par with the Derby game this season for sheer ineptitude on our part.

All I was trying to say is that QPR played quite well at Brighton. And Brightons defence is far better than ours, but I will leave it there. I was only making a point.

:icon_sad:

Don't think anyone has said that you don't have a valid point Frank, don't get too defensive.

It's just that your new mood is unsettling all of us :icon_confused:

"QPR were good in the first half, with some really good passages of play,"

Not my words, but those of Chris Hughton. And I agree with him.

For some reason I read this in Alan Partridge's voice.

No offence intended, move along - nothing to see here

Don't think anyone has said that you don't have a valid point Frank, don't get too defensive.

It's just that your new mood is unsettling all of us :icon_confused:

Absolutely.......I would prefer the old Frank back, god knows there's plenty of doom mongers already

We have a really nasty habit in recent years of playing teams in a shit run back into form. I hope QPR will be different but we may need to be happy with 2_2

We have a really nasty habit in recent years of playing teams in a shit run back into form. I hope QPR will be different but we may need to be happy with 2_2
***Fake myth Klaxon***

Lycan's team would do but just not Hause. I would not drop Batth for Hause or Iorfa both are having a shocker this season, think the defence needs to be left as it is now until either Williamson is fit or if better players come in.

As regards to being crap against teams who are in a bad run of form, we've been pretty bad against all teams this season regardless. So not too concerned about that.

***Fake myth Klaxon***

Really? Stats recently have shown that wolves in last few years are the team to play if you are on a shit run. Wigan this year? 5 losses asnd as draw then they play us and win.Sheffield wed 2 defeats and a draw then beat us. Leeds on the back of a draw and defeat then win at us, Cardiff one win in 6 then beat us. That's just this season.

Really? Stats recently have shown that wolves in last few years are the team to play if you are on a $#@! run. Wigan this year? 5 losses asnd as draw then they play us and win.Sheffield wed 2 defeats and a draw then beat us. Leeds on the back of a draw and defeat then win at us, Cardiff one win in 6 then beat us. That's just this season.
Alternatively, we've been a bit shit this season, so lose to shit teams

Really? Stats recently have shown that wolves in last few years are the team to play if you are on a shit run. Wigan this year? 5 losses asnd as draw then they play us and win.Sheffield wed 2 defeats and a draw then beat us. Leeds on the back of a draw and defeat then win at us, Cardiff one win in 6 then beat us. That's just this season.

Fans of every club in the world (bar Barca/Real Madrid/Bayern/Celtic and teams of that ilk, where they win nearly every week regardless) think this applies to their lot.

The defeats stick in your mind, when we cruise to a routine win against some hopeless shite (which happens far more often over a decent sample size) suddenly the "rule" doesn't apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back