• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR (H) NYE build up + Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do get a bit myopic when it comes to playing teams in and around the bottom 5 I admit. Given that we have failed to beat Rotherham Wigan Blackburn Cardiff or Burton this season and QPR are in the middle of a shit run it makes me nervous. This is exactly the type of game we should be winning if we want to get out of this league but also the sort of game we lose and play abjectly cause we are wolves ffs

Forest - off the back of a heavy local derby defeat and a home draw against a moderate team - beaten
Bristol City - lost 6 out of 7 going into Boxing Day - beaten

It always stings when you lose to some no-hopers who haven't won since one of our strikers last scored. Doesn't really happen all that often though.

Like Tony says, we have failed to beat rubbish teams this season basically because we ourselves have been pretty rubbish. We didn't beat anyone, full stop, for two entire calendar months. We're now in the heady heights of 15th place but spent two entire months in 18th or worse. So there is no "failing to beat out of form teams", we have been an "out of form" team until the last couple of weeks, it's ran pretty much as you would expect, crap team down the bottom who can't defend lose most weeks, irrespective of opposition. Cardiff's form over 8-10 games (from when Warnock took over, which is the only real sensible measuring point) was appreciably better than ours when we played them for instance.

Forest - off the back of a heavy local derby defeat and a home draw against a moderate team - beaten

It always stings when you lose to some no-hopers who haven't won since one of our strikers last scored. Doesn't really happen all that often though.

Like Tony says, we have failed to beat rubbish teams this season basically because we ourselves have been pretty rubbish. We didn't beat anyone, full stop, for two entire calendar months. We're now in the heady heights of 15th place but spent two entire months in 18th or worse. So there is no "failing to beat out of form teams", we have been an "out of form" team until the last couple of weeks, it's ran pretty much as you would expect, crap team down the bottom who can't defend lose most weeks, irrespective of opposition. Cardiff's form over 8-10 games was appreciably better than ours when we played them for instance.

Having beaten Newcastle and Reading scored 4 against Fulham and completely outplayed villa for 75 minutes and stuffed Brentford.. U do see the paradox in this?

Reading had played one game!

Sorry, I don't see it.

Reading had played one game!

Sorry, I don't see it.

Well only because you choose not to. I am more comfortable away from home and against a team above us in the league than I am when we are at home against a team below as we have fucked it up so many times in so many years Norwich 3_3 and 2_5 in our promotion year springs instantly to mind as they were relegated.

I thought the last two games we played already did that?

Like Tony says, we have failed to beat rubbish teams this season basically because we ourselves have been pretty rubbish. We didn't beat anyone, full stop, for two entire calendar months. We're now in the heady heights of 15th place but spent two entire months in 18th or worse. So there is no "failing to beat out of form teams", we have been an "out of form" team until the last couple of weeks, it's ran pretty much as you would expect, crap team down the bottom who can't defend lose most weeks, irrespective of opposition. Cardiff's form over 8-10 games (from when Warnock took over, which is the only real sensible measuring point) was appreciably better than ours when we played them for instance.

Bristol could very easily have been a loss. Forest was great but not at home and less pressure. Cardiff was a shit loss. I really hope that losing to crap teams can be consigned to history however in my worst nightmares QPR at home when they are in a shit run adds up to a win for them. The only thing that I would say is last year we got stuffed on our own patch ast Xmas by reading yet somehow came away with the 3 points. History to repeat itself would be good.

Everyone will lose to a crappy team at home at some point. Newcastle lost to us for instance. It's never going to be consigned to history.

You can't write off Bristol City as "we could have lost" when the sole argument you're putting forward is "we are the team to play if you are out of form" :icon_lol: Leaving aside the fact that by all accounts we deserved to win (even if we left it late), we didn't lose to them. They are/were massively out of form. End of myth.

Everyone will lose to a crappy team at home at some point. Newcastle lost to us for instance. It's never going to be consigned to history.

You can't write off Bristol City as "we could have lost" when the sole argument you're putting forward is "we are the team to play if you are out of form" :icon_lol: Leaving aside the fact that by all accounts we deserved to win (even if we left it late), we didn't lose to them. They are/were massively out of form. End of myth.

Hope you are right. We are favorites to beat a shit out of form side in QPR. Jfdi

As we have failed to beat any of the bottom 4 this season home or away you should see why I am a little anxious. Bristol have not won here since 1931 and nearly did. QPR have won here in recent years. We leak like a sieve.Away wins are great but it's home form that counts. Our home form in 2016 stinks. Our full record is 7 8 7 and includes defeats at home to Cardiff,Preston and a draw with relegated Bolton p!us three borefest 00 draws last year and shit fest home games like 0_4 to Barnsley defeats to Leeds Derby sheff wed. I want to end the year on a plus to give momentum

I expect Lambert to drop Batth. Back four of Cody, Stearman, Hause, Doherty. And us to win 4-1, comfortably.

If there are any changes then it will be Mason and/or Bod in for Bright and Dicko. Batth will play even though he shouldn't right now.

I wouldn't be leaving Baath out for Hause. The Sheff Wed home game is still a recurring nightmare.

Well he wasn't the worst defender on the pitch that day and 2 of those that were worse played on Monday. Batth has been at fault for far too many goals this season and yes i know many don't rate Hause but he's a better option next to Stearman imo.

Hope you are right. We are favorites to beat a shit out of form side in QPR. Jfdi

As we have failed to beat any of the bottom 4 this season home or away you should see why I am a little anxious. Bristol have not won here since 1931 and nearly did. QPR have won here in recent years. We leak like a sieve.Away wins are great but it's home form that counts. Our home form in 2016 stinks. Our full record is 7 8 7 and includes defeats at home to Cardiff,Preston and a draw with relegated Bolton p!us three borefest 00 draws last year and shit fest home games like 0_4 to Barnsley defeats to Leeds Derby sheff wed. I want to end the year on a plus to give momentum

Nearly did? They led for 13 minutes and we equalised with over 30 to play?

You've got to look at form to claim a pattern is emerging, for the last 12 months our best position has been 14/15th I suspect, so it stands to reason our form is patchy.

For the myth to stand up we'd have to be runaway leaders and then every time we played a team in poor form drop points but then.... we wouldn't be runaway leaders.

The home form has been horrific but that's because we've been more shit than most of the shit we've faced in the last year.

After 23 games there is only 1 team in the championship who has not beaten one of the current bottom four of Burton Blackburn Wigan and Rotherham. Wolves. We officially have the fewest points in 3 against the current bottom four. We have already won at QPR though but they like us, are better away from home than at home. The good news now is we are scoring and that makes up for our horror defending at times. In boxing terms we therefore always have a punchers chance. I really want to win this game but won't be at all surprised if we do drop points.

After 23 games there is only 1 team in the championship who has not beaten one of the current bottom four of Burton Blackburn Wigan and Rotherham. Wolves. We officially have the fewest points in 3 against the current bottom four. We have already won at QPR though but they like us, are better away from home than at home. The good news now is we are scoring and that makes up for our horror defending at times. In boxing terms we therefore always have a punchers chance. I really want to win this game but won't be at all surprised if we do drop points.

I admire your passion even when we disagree but I think it's important we don't judge Lambert on Zenga. Lambert has had two tests against desperately out of form sides in QPR and Bristol City and emerged with six points. Fuck the past. Especially the game against Rotherham amidst all the chaos of the takeover and transfers.

I admire your passion even when we disagree but I think it's important we don't judge Lambert on Zenga. Lambert has had two tests against desperately out of form sides in QPR and Bristol City and emerged with six points. $#@! the past. Especially the game against Rotherham amidst all the chaos of the takeover and transfers.

3 points from QPR will make me feel a lot easier about it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back