• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR (H) NYE build up + Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect only one change from Paul Lambert Enobakhare to be rested and Bodvarsson included.

If Anyone comes in for Enobakhare, it would be Mason, wouldn't be surprised if Bod replaces Dicko

I'd like to see Bright playing up top. I don't think he's ready for the withdrawn #10 role yet. He saw a lot of possession against Bristol but couldn't really make much happen. There's too much being asked of him in that role. Take some pressure off him and charge him with making runs, getting on the end of things and scoring a few goals.

I'd like to see Bright playing up top. I don't think he's ready for the withdrawn #10 role yet. He saw a lot of possession against Bristol but couldn't really make much happen. There's too much being asked of him in that role. Take some pressure off him and charge him with making runs, getting on the end of things and scoring a few goals.

Only way he's going to learn that role is by playing there. I think he did just fine and he should be allowed to continue his relationship with Cav, Costa and Dicko (though I would like to see how JDB would work with those three behind him, could be explosive). His ball out to Coady in the build up for the second goal was lovely. Doubt Edwards in the #10 would have played that pass.

It was a very simple pass along the floor to a guy who was wide open. Hardly Messi-esque.

Bright isn't an out and out striker.

It was a very simple pass along the floor to a guy who was wide open. Hardly Messi-esque.

Didn't say it was 'Messi-esque', just that it was a lovely pass. Which it was.

The kid's had three games there for the senior side and is clearly adapting to the step up in class week by week. His work for the U23 side is picking the ball up in the #10 role and driving at the defence. He isn't a Nouha Dicko type player.

From the very small amount I've seen of him, he's doing OK in the 10 role. Seems to be the ideal time to give him an extended run, we're safe from relegation, highly unlikely to make the playoffs and there's no pressure on him. If he starts to struggle we have Mason or Edwards to step in (seems TeX is a gonna)

From the very small amount I've seen of him, he's doing OK in the 10 role. Seems to be the ideal time to give him an extended run, we're safe from relegation, highly unlikely to make the playoffs and there's no pressure on him. If he starts to struggle we have Mason or Edwards to step in (seems TeX is a gonna)

This. I hope Lambert sticks to his word and gives him, Ronan, Herc and Ennis (if he gets fit in time) a run in the team before the end of the season.

A lesson in man management of how to give the 4 that you will have to pick any confidence :icon_lol:

This. I hope Lambert sticks to his word and gives him, Ronan, Herc and Ennis (if he gets fit in time) a run in the team before the end of the season.

Well he's already given bright a few games and ronan is making the bench, he certainly seems to want to integrate our best u23 players which is nice to see. Kind of annoying we don't have any defenders ready to step up as we need some!

The reality is our u23 players or the best of them at least should be making up the squad numbers not dross like Wallace, Saville etc... who will never be good enough. Bright has already shown he can contribute and I would much rather watch him than some of the others that should be out the door in a few weeks. Ronan was a brief appearance but he showed that he can trap and pass a football, which some of our other first teamers can't.

I do think Bright will be dropped against QPR to reflect on his performances so far, that role will suit Mason and Bright has to fight him for that spot.

If Bright doesn't play I hope it's for Mason or Tex - even Ronan I think could do a job. My worry is that Edwards gets played there and we get Saville or similar in midfield. Also worth remembering we have another game in 2 days so changes are likely, I imagine Bod will play one and Dicko the other for example.

There can be no excuses for dropping points to this lot then

Onuoha's red card appeal has failed which is good news for us as he's their one competent defender. Lambert has said he's going to rotate across this and the Wednesday game. I hope he plays Costa and Cav in this one as I think they can tear them apart.

Reading QPR Forum the view is that there fullbacks are even more woeful than ours - so Cav & Costa just have to play

Onuoha's red card appeal has failed which is good news for us as he's their one competent defender. Lambert has said he's going to rotate across this and the Wednesday game. I hope he plays Costa and Cav in this one as I think they can tear them apart.

Must target the most likely win. That's QPR.play the strongest team. Worry about the next game after bagging three points

Lambert has said this weekend "might be too soon for Mick" talking about Williamson, sounds like he is closer to a return that we thought. I think he will need another u23 game or 2 IMO before he can sit on the bench hes been out a long time but will be great to have him back if hes ready. I would drop Batth and hand him the captains armband straight away we desperately need a leader and hes the perfect candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back