• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

President Joseph R Biden

So are we saying that no politician in the world can be praised about anything, or have tributes paid at the end of a 50 year career, because they've been cunts on Gaza?

I've had this with somebody else last week, they were calling Lammy all the cunts under the sun because some random journalist had said they wouldn't withdraw the ICJ objection, the truth of which I doubted, which made me naive shill. Come Friday he's done it, but now it's just because LFOI gave them the OK to. There's no winning. The unhappiness of OJ and similarly minded people is unrelenting, and any attempt at nuance is just read as you not being bothered about the Gaza atrocities.

I genuinely couldn't tell you what great things he's done in this illustrious 50 year career, other than win the election and prevent Trump having a second successive term. He's also gift wrapped a 2nd term to Trump anyway, but thats a different matter. But I'd genuinely like you to tell me what great, progressive things he's done, cos for the life of me I can't think of any.

I think you and others seem to conflate 'not being an absolute cunt and stain on humankind like Trump' as being a really good guy. I like to think I evaluate politicians with a bit more depth of thinking than that. He's absolutely been the lesser of 2 evils. But a lesser evil is still an evil.

I genuinely couldn't tell you what great things he's done in this illustrious 50 year career, other than win the election and prevent Trump having a second successive term. He's also gift wrapped a 2nd term to Trump anyway, but thats a different matter. But I'd genuinely like you to tell me what great, progressive things he's done, cos for the life of me I can't think of any.

I think you and others seem to conflate 'not being an absolute cunt and stain on humankind like Trump' as being a really good guy. I like to think I evaluate politicians with a bit more depth of thinking than that. He's absolutely been the lesser of 2 evils. But a lesser evil is still an evil.
He was great on Parks and Rec.

There's no winning. The unhappiness of OJ and similarly minded people is unrelenting, and any attempt at nuance is just read as you not being bothered about the Gaza atrocities.
OJ can afford to be ideologically pure, he is a critic. He makes money from book sales and social media.

So are we saying that no politician in the world can be praised about anything, or have tributes paid at the end of a 50 year career, because they've been cunts on Gaza?

I've had this with somebody else last week, they were calling Lammy all the cunts under the sun because some random journalist had said they wouldn't withdraw the ICJ objection, the truth of which I doubted, which made me naive shill. Come Friday he's done it, but now it's just because LFOI gave them the OK to. There's no winning. The unhappiness of OJ and similarly minded people is unrelenting, and any attempt at nuance is just read as you not being bothered about the Gaza atrocities.
It's priorities innit? Gaza is a bit of a biggy. If I killed 5 random people tomorrow nobody will say yeah but he works with SEN kids so let him off.

The unhappiness of OJ and similarly minded people is unrelenting, and any attempt at nuance is just read as you not being bothered about the Gaza atrocities.
Also, trying to defend Biden from criticism as an 'attempt at nuance' is mind-numbingly shallow and vacuous and incredibly lacking in any critical thinking. Not to mention as you've been very vocal about the events in Gaza, unbelievably hypocritical.

Also, trying to defend Biden from criticism as an 'attempt at nuance' is mind-numbingly shallow and vacuous and incredibly lacking in any critical thinking. Not to mention as you've been very vocal about the events in Gaza, unbelievably hypocritical.

Well that comment was clearly about Labour/Lammy and the ICJ, linked to the OJ/Biden tweet as it's become a theme apparently every piece of vaguely complimentary political commentary is either a genocide supporting outrage, or needs to be so heavily caveated it becomes redundant in its own right.

Kind of ironic that your unhappiness at my use of the word 'nuance' caused you to misinterpret a sentence and throw a bunch of hysterical labels at me, though.

Still, nothing less than I deserve as vacuous, shallow hypocrite incapable of critical thinking.

It's priorities innit? Gaza is a bit of a biggy. If I killed 5 random people tomorrow nobody will say yeah but he works with SEN kids so let him off.

Do you think that you actually murdering people yourself and the decisions of a world leader like Biden are equivalent comparisons?

The American political system was never going to produce a President of either party that was going to treat Gazans like humans.

I genuinely couldn't tell you what great things he's done in this illustrious 50 year career, other than win the election and prevent Trump having a second successive term
What kind of great things would you have liked to have seen him do?

When I was in middle school (preteens mostly) we literally weren’t allowed to be taught or even converse about contraception. Strictly celibacy until marriage, right from the public school’s mouth.

The American political system was never going to produce a President of either party that was going to treat Gazans like huhumans.

The same with us and many European countries, we give them aid to feed Palestinians and give them health care. Then we arm Israel to the teeth, to slaughter Palestinians. Germany is the second biggest arms supplier to Israel. They supply them with 30% of their weapons.

Back